“Great place for longer term stay”

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our soccer team stayed here for four days during the USA cup soccer tournament. The rooms were well set up for an even longer term stay - -everyone was so impressed with the pots/pans/dishes etc. We immediately went grocery shopping and saved tons of money having the generous breakfast downstairs, packing lunches for the day (ice from the freezer) and cooking suppers at night. The staff was above and beyond friendly - -it was like we were family staying over for the weekend. A refreshing change from the sighs and attitude (or cluelessness) from staff in other hotels. The courtyard was a perfect way to wind down the day. The kids love the medium sized pool and especially the half basketball court. We had front row seats to the fireworks at the Arbor Lakes festival. All in all a perfect location and a peaceful friendly stay -- we will be back!

Room Tip: Recommend a room facing into the courtyard - -great view to keep an eye on the kids and its quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the staff here at the Staybridge Suites, Maple Grove and how friendly they are. We strive to make a positive impression upon our guests and have them feel that this is their home away from home while here in Maple Grove. We are really proud of our wonderful hotel and all the amenities and services it has to offer, it was very kind of you to point them out. Most importantly thank you for wanting to come back, when a guest like yourself says they want to come back we know we achieved our goal. Thanks again, Tom Rost, General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The property is very nice and clearly has an owner who put alot of money into doing it right. My experience though was that it has a staff not at all on that standard. Uniformorms worn sloppy, no nametags, friendly breakfast lady but she was the only one. I hope they inprove the service as the building and aminities are very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to thank you for recognizing our Breakfast Server and commenting on how nice she is, I agree she does a great Job. I appreciate your other comments and have addressed any and all uniform deficiencies. I truly appreciate you pointing this out. Although not wide spread it was obviously noted and with your help taken care of. Once again Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope that the next time you are in Maple Grove you will choose to stay at the Stay Bridge Suites and notice that we took your feedback to heart.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night on Wednesday 3/28/12. Check in was quick and efficient. Front desk staff was pleasant. The room is very nice but small. Walk in to a small kitchen area which was fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. Everything you would need to cook if you had brought in groceries. Nice sink area. The bed takes up most of the room and all of the room if you are using the pull out couch. Bedding and linens was very nice. Small bathroom with the sink outside of the toilet/tub area.
The stay included the complimentary "light supper hour" which served free beer, wine, and pop. The food was not exactly great but it was free and a nice snack before going out to our real dinner. The buffet had baked beans, chips, sliders, hot dogs, and I think potato salad and also veggies.
I did not go to the breakfast buffet that was included in the morning but my Mom did and said it was alright. Make your own homemade waffles, but no eggs just a gross breakfast burrito and also turkey sausage that looked very mysterious. lol.
Location was perfect, easy in and out. You could hear the freeway noise but that doesnt bother me. If you asked for a room on the opposit side I doubt you would even notice.
Outside is a really cute courtyard with benches. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank trs333
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your comments and observations regarding your stay with us. Our hotel is configured with many room types and locations facing our courtyard as well as the exterior of the building. Our room types consist of various room sizes and layouts which may give you and your mother a bit more space if traveling together. We pride ourselves on our breakfast buffet choices; we offer a breakfast buffet with a rotation of egg and breakfast meat selections so that we may provide variety for our guests that are with us for those longer stays.
We are pleased that you would definitely stay here again; our goal at the Staybridge Maple Grove is to be your home away from home. We look forward to your return.
Best regards, Tom

Reviewed October 24, 2011

WE stayed at this hotel on a recent trip and found it to be a great experience. The staff was so friendly. We missed the "happy hour" time but that would have been a fun perk. The rooms were nice and spacious. The breakfast was really good too. Loved the fresh pineapple. yum!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hope V
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently started to stay with my Priority Club sponsored hotels after many years being with Hilton Honors they renigged on my honors points and refused to honor what I had. So on a recent trip we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and found that all the points we ever earned would still be honored. I tell you all this because I think that there is a certain level of honor in a company that will give people back what they have earned, like a promice kept. As for the Staybridge Suites that we have been staying at. I tagged along with my husband on a business training trip. Although we did get the business rate provided by the company my husband was training with, we would return as a family and stay! The staff was friendly, kind, they were helpful and did not seem bothered to talk. This hotel not only provide a decent breakfast, but on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday they also provide a dinner social which includes alcoholic and non-alchoholic drinks. Example: Last Nights Dinner Grilled Hamburgers & Hotdogs, potato salad, chips etc... with all the toppings!
Our room was huge with a kitchen area. Stove top, dishwasher & full size fridge/freezer. a seporate bedroom area and a huge walk-in shower. The pool area was very clean LOTS of towels, water was warm in the pool and hot in the hottub. I was very impressed I think that this hotel was a AAA establishment. Thank You for renewing my hope!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Our family enjoyed our stay at this location -- the rooms, interior, and exterior were all clean, comfortable, and well-kept. The staff was courteous, and the breakfast foods were good. However, there are not enough breakfast tables to serve all of the guests; creating long lines/areas of hungry folks standing ready to jump on the next table that finishes their meal and leaves. This situation makes for a frustrating few minutes, especially when some guests choose to sit around for a while sipping coffee with their feet propped up on other tables and chairs. Amazingly, this seemed to be a common behavior in a crowded dining room. Otherwise, the stay went well, and we would consider making a future reservation at this location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband was staying here on business and I tagged along for the shopping. The room we stayed in had a kitchenette (which we didn't use), a sofa bed and a double bed. The bed was definitely small for us. The shower and toilet were in a separate room and the vanity and the sink were beside the bed. I found this annoying because, while trying to sleep, I had to listen to my husband shaving in the morning with the vanity lights shining in my face. The air conditioning worked really well. It was nice to have a full size fridge in the room. The hotel also offers free laundry facilities, free parking, free wi-fi, free breakfast (hot items as well as continental), and free appetizers on Tues-Wed-Thurs evenings. There is also a 24/7 convenience store in the lobby. Full-service housekeeping is only offered once a week (if you're staying >7 days). Housekeeping empties your garbage, makes your bed and replaces your towels daily. We were satisfied with the value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center

Been to Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove? Share your experiences!