“What a great hotel!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
dallastotheuk
“What a great hotel!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This hotel is one of the best kept secrets in/around Minneapolis. If yiou find yourself on the NW side of town (Maple Grove area), you simply have to check it out. New, beautiful, clean, great staff, amazing rooms and all that for $108. Located right near all the Maple Grove shopping (and next door to the new hospital) you cannot stay in a better-located place. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We were very happy with our 3 night stay at this new and very comfortable hotel. We had a king suite which was roomy and the bed was very comfortable. Internet connection was reliable and included in the room rate. I do have to agree with a previous reviewer that the thermostat is a little confusing - would help to have a "guide" for use! Decor is quite modern and sleek - everything was very clean and in working order. Staff members were all helpful and friendly.
The hotel is located in a very new, developing area, with not much in the way of restaurants (except in the hotel - which we didn't actually try) without getting in your car. Super Target is just up the road and only a short drive (5 minutes?) to Arbor Lakes, which has loads of shopping and restaurants. It's also fairly close to the Albertville Outlet Mall.
The hotel is also located close to a recreational trail system and we had a lovely run around Rice Lake one morning, so shops and restaurants aren't everything! They have a fitness room and pool/hot-tub but the weather was too nice to exercise indoors!
Our room rate (AAA) was better by far than any comparable hotel in the Minneapolis area (I checked a lot of them on-line). Not sure if it is just because they are new and trying to drum up business. The place was quite quiet while we were there. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
minnesota
Reviewed February 25, 2010

After reading the review about the bad bed, I called the hotel to inquire about the beds as a bad bed would be a problem. I was told they have good quality beds and if there were a problem when we got there, they would take care of it. My husband got ill on our way there and I called to see if we could check in early, they said that was certainly fine and to come right away. When we got there, we were quickly checked in and in our room. I'm very happy to say the beds were WONDERFUL!!! I would highly recommend this hotel for comfort. Hall noise is a little distracting, but room to room, we heard nothing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Incredibly hard beds

Room temperature varied from 50 degrees to 85 degrees. You need an engineering degree to figure out the thermostat.

I checked in on a Sunday evening. Around 8:00 p.m., the cleaning crew started cleaning the halls. Very noisy -- couldn't hear the TV or talk on the phone until they were done.

All soap is scented. I went to a busy meeting the next day smelling like a coconut sugar cookie -- AWFUL!

Breakfast buffet worse than terrible. Unappetizing, dry, obviously-under-the-heat-lamp-too-long eggs, though the chef made a new serving for me. Did I want cheese on it? Sure -- but they ONLY had mozzerrella! Cold coffee in the pot. Pastries sticky and unpleasantly gooey. Hotel was willing to remove the $10 breakfast charge from my bill.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Katieg1Minnesota
Kalamazoo,MI
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Spent the night with (2) other business collegues. Excellent hotel, exellent rooms, excellent common areas, & excellent staff. We spent the evening working in the common space on some reports and were very well taken care of by the Bar/Resteraunt staff. I travel frequently and love a hotel that can offer me a separate couch / sitting area from the sleeping area in my room. Rooms were well furnished, comfortable & overall extremely nice. This hotel is top notch! I would highly recommend; you will have a hard time finding a nicer hotel & the prices is right!! I will be staying at more Cambria Suites in the future. The Choice Hotel chains have finally figured out how to do the hotel business for those seeking a nice place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My wife and I always try to stay with the Cambria chain when we travel, their hotels are always so clean and comfortable, this one is no exception! Trendy and modern, great atmosphere, very quiet and relaxing. We really like the room layout, we stayed in a King room. (Sitting area with pull out sofa and flat screen TV, sectioned "bedroom" with large closet and a second flat screen TV.) The Cambria hotels always have a great business center to catch up on e-mails, or plan a road trip. Close to shopping, food, and local attractions such as the Como Zoo and Mall of America. Look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I stayed at the Cambria Suites for a "girls" weekend away with 6 friends. We loved how spacious the rooms were and the beds were extremely comfortable too. Our late nights of laughing didn't bother other guests because the rooms were sound proof. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove? Share your experiences!