Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest(Brooklyn Park)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssitting areapotatoeswafflesking suitebar and restaurantcomfortable bedmini fridge and microwavefree breakfastliving roomvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againfull barnice barshopping trippull out couchshort drivewould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed at Cambria Suites in Maple Grove at least a dozen times in the last 18 months. It is far and away my favorite place to stay, and now it's even better since they made their breakfast buffet complimentary. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with a separate sitting area with its own tv, and the facility is easy to find with plenty of parking. The best reason to stay here, though, is the staff. They are, hands down, the friendliest hotel staff I've ever seen, at any hotel. Everyone, from the maintenance workers to housekeeping to the front desk staff was unflaggingly cheerful, pleasant, helpful, etc. Every person I've ever come into contact with there, in all of my many stays, has been an absolute delight. We brought in takeout for dinner one evening, and they were happy to provide dishes and silverware. I don't think I've ever asked the front desk for something they couldn't provide, in fact. I love this place and will never stay at another hotel in the Mpls/St Paul area if I can help it.

As for the people complaining about the distance to the Arbor Lakes shopping area, seriously, it's the next exit down the highway. It's maybe a 10 minute drive. It's easily worth it to me, to stay somewhere more secluded and with less traffic. Plus, it's extremely easy off/on the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was clean and luxurious - plenty of food at breakfast and - even more importantly, the staff were all so very NICE and accommodating. Great comfy bed with 2 screens in the room; would be great for a business person wanting to show a power point program to clients. Quiet, affordable. Thank you, Cambia!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Overall, the stay was ok. Almost everyone that we encountered was friendly however the night we checked in was another story. When we got there, front desk was friendly and helpful. Got to the room and under the pull out was dirty!!!- ramen noodles, trash, dust, a hair band was in the bed itself and even a penny ( which my son was happy about). Called the front desk to have them clean it and the person who came up told me that he could not do it and it would have to wait until the morning. I told the front desk and they ensured that it would be taken care of while we were gone and that was not how they do business. Well, we left for our day and when we came back...it was still dirty!! After talking with the manager, they compted breakfast (which is not included in the cost of the room, just fyi) and apologized and it was taken care of finally. The manager said that they would make sure the issue was addressed and would adjust something on the bill which was never done. We stayed the weekend they repaved the parking lot and we were informed that we had to move our car by a certain time, which was fine. Well, what was not fine is that after getting up early to move the car, it didn't need to be moved until the afternoon. The hotel itself is nice and inviting, breakfast is nothing to write home about- basic fruit, cereal, sausage, bacon. No waffles though. But fresh. Not sure if we would stay again but I have stayed at worse. Location is easy to get to and is away from the city but still close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Shannon S,
Thank you for leaving a review of the Cambria Suites Maple Grove. Please accept my apology for the negative experience you had while at my hotel. I'm sorry that your room was dirty and it is unacceptable that it took so long to clean. I have already addressed your concerns with my housekeeping staff to ensure this situation does not happen again. I'm also sorry about the inconvenience of having to move your car. Please give us another chance to impress you on your next trip to Maple Grove.

Steve J.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay in Maple Grove often. I thought this hotel was in the Arbor Lakes area and found it was a mile or 5 past that area. It is close to the Maple Grove hospital. It was an easy drive to the Arbor Lakes area for nice restaurants and shopping. If we had bicycles it would have been a nice area to ride close to the Elm Creek Reserve. I don't know what their cleaning schedule is but the first three days I did not want the room cleaned so I put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign. On the fourth morning after my daughter left I wanted it cleaned and they never came by. When I got back at 7PM my room was how I left it. Housekeeping was done for the day but they did send someone up and it was cleaned at that time. Had I known, I would have made a request that it be cleaned earlier in the day. One reason I selected this hotel was that others I liked that included breakfast were more expensive and most days I don't get up in time. I have seen better breakfast buffets in hotels so I would not have wanted to pay extra or buy the breakfast here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

When we were looking to book a hotel, we had a few specific things we needed. First, we have four children, so we needed a room that could accommodate all of us in one room. Second, we wanted a free breakfast, third we wanted it near family. We entered in the search criteria onto two separate sights and this hotel popped up. It popped up as the Cambria Suites of Arbor Lakes... Well when we arrived in Arbor Lakes we found several hotels.... None of which were ours. Turns out our hotel was FIVE exits down the interstate!!! We finally find it and half the parking lot is roped off. We had to park behind the hotel and walk all the way around the building to find the front door. As we're finishing up checking in we are told breakfast was $10 a person and kids under 10 was half that. Now like I said, I had specifically searched for hotels that offered a free breakfast and on two sights it said they offered this. When we asked the girl looked confused and said they have never offered a free breakfast. Had we known this and they had actually been honest about where they were located, we would have chosen another hotel. We really felt like we had one pulled over on us.

• Stayed: August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Supermansmommy,
Thank you for your review of the Cambria Suites Maple Grove. It's very concerning that there are multiple websites out there with incorrect information about our hotel and for that I'm very sorry. Since we are only one exit away from the Arbor Lakes area of Maple Grove we are often listed as "near" Arbor Lakes. Also, because of feedback from guests like yourself, we have decided to start offering a complimentary breakfast. This program is brand new so it would not be listed on any website yet. I would be very appreciative if you could contact me to let me know which websites have our information incorrect so that we can get them fixed immediately. Once again I apologize for this mixup.

Steve J.