“Wonderful family stay!”

Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
“Wonderful family stay!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I were fortunate to stay at this property on a family vacation earlier this month. From the time we checked in on Sunday evening until the time we left on Friday morning, the stay was so great! There is a wonderful bistro-style restaurant on-site. Caryn was our server throughout most of our stay. She has to be one of the most wonderful servers we have ever had. Our 3-year old son absolutely fell in love with her and she was so patient in answering all his questions about anything and everything. Her customer service was out of this world! Thank you again Caryn for your service! Our room was perfect for our week-long stay. It was very roomy and spacious and perfect for our two young children to play and spread out. The pool and exercise room were both very clean.

The housekeepers and front desk staff were so kind, as well. Upon leaving for a day, I asked a nearby housekeeper about different things for families to do in the area. She was so helpful! I also asked the front desk on what Italian restaurants he would recommend and he printed me off the listings of the area restaurants with his recommendations. The staff really is top-notch!

Would my family stay at this hotel again?...absolutely, yes! Both my husband and I have been in the customer service industry for many years and customer service is SO important to us. Our expectations were not only met, but exceeded by this property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pottsville, PA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our first stay here was in December 2009, not long after it had opened. We were quite impressed, so it made the choice very simple on a return visit to Maple Grove. This time wew were not quite as impressed. Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice place to stay and I will return again, but some of the lustre has faded. The rooms are still very nice and the layout is great. The split provided between the bedroom and the sitting area is wonderful. If you need to work, the desk is comfortable and convenient and the lighting is very good. The wireless connection is a snap or you have the option of going wired. The digital TV in the work/sitting area allows you to connect to a "big screen" to view your presentations, (HDMI cable required). The refrigrator is a nice touch; although the black interior may make it difficult to see everything you put in there. (That's a warning, not a complaint.) I don't know where they get their mattresses, but they are by far the most comfortable. The bathroom is very clean and are stocked with Bath & Body Works soaps and lotions. The shower is good and there was plenty of hot water. The bathroom sink leaves a bit to be desired. The "fashion look" needs to be more practical in that shorter folks may find it a bit too high. The controls on the a/c units have been modified and may be a little confusing to adjust. The room we had on our first of two seperate nights had a very squeaky a/c unit fan. This was reported to the front desk upon check-out. The room on the second stay had a non-operative exhaust fan in the bathroom; also reported at check-out. Neither of these things is more than a slight annoyance, but indicates that some routine/preventative maintenance may be in order. One other item that took us by surprise was the discontinuing of the complimentary continental breakfast. There is still complimentary coffee, and breakfast is available at $9.95 per person. The property has a terrific location and we were quite surprised at how the area had grown since 2009. This is still the best place to stay in the area and I would recommend it for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denver Colorado United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a great stay! Wonderful Hotel with a great staff.
With all this and more,
5.Full bar
6.Relaxing lobby area
7.easy to find.
8. Hard to leave.

Thanks to all at Cambria.

Bob Kleven
Cards N' Such
Denver Colorado

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have never stayed at a hotel that has a staff like this one. From the GM on down to housekeeping, maintance bar and resturant. You will not find a better group of people.
The rooms are super clean well appointed and the location is ideal

Room Tip: You can do no wrong in picking this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Breakfast not complementary and it was last year. Heard highway noise all night in my room so loud I thought the window was open. Ice machine on my floor didn't work. Reported my phone didn't work nothing done later when crawling on the floor to plug in the bedside lamp realized the phone wasn't plugged in either. Have a reservation for 2 nights hopefully can find another motel for tomorrow night

• Stayed August 2012
Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We loved the clean room, and the great service by all the staff, especially the breakfast staff! Kudos to all! I liked the room lay-out (2 queen beds and sofa sleeper) and thought given to amenities in the room. There was a soccer team staying at the hotel but they were polite kids and no bother. Great place to stay - will be a new favorite on our list of hotels in the Twin Cities where we travel to several times a year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
pengilly
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several dozen times in the last 3 years. I stay for business purposes as it's 200 miles from home to Minneapolis. Drove down at night after making reservations earlier, but on arrival was informed my reservation was cancelled. The woman at the counter then asked if I got a corporate rate, after I told her I did, she said she was sorry but had no rooms. They must be under new management, a change for the worse, not better. The night manager, Steve was to say the least, an incompetent. You would think he would offer to try and find me a room, as after driving 200 miles I was obviously not in the mood to drive back. But following true to my experience so far they offered nothing. I drove 5 miles down the road to a Hilton, which also had no rooms, but they informed me Cambria Suites showed 5 available ten minutes ago...so it appears that the management at Cambria wouldn't give me what was most probably an upgraded room for my corporate rate, because that might not be good business sense. I wonder if they realize the the thousands in future revenue from me that their decision cost them, as I will now take my business to one of their competitors. After this nightmare got my blood boiling I just got in my car and drove the 200 miles back home...good luck with the new management Cambria Suites. To be fair, my previous experiences have all been good at this hotel, that's why I stayed there. It's sad though, that corporations hire people who don't really understand what customer service is.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Rogers

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis? Share your experiences!