“Favorite Restaurant in the area”
Review of The Hubbell House

The Hubbell House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
MN
“Favorite Restaurant in the area”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area! It is well worth the scenic drive from Rochester to Mantorville. I love the decor and the story behind it, and it has fantastic food to boot! Always enjoy our meals out there, and would encourage anyone to give it a try.

Visited February 2012

Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Exquisite Food Charming Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Six of us dined there last night. All of us raved about our food! It is a very charming restaurant with superb food! Warm garlic bread and fresh baked bread loaves complimented our salads. I had the prime rib which was cooked to perfection but was only able to eat about half of the large portion. Those having scallops said they were the best scallops they had ever eaten. The seafood along with the steaks were a hit by those who ordered them. I will definitely travel to Mantorville again for such a great meal!

• Visited March 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Don't listen to the San Francisco snob! Steak houses with menus from the 70's are great!!! The food and the service were excellent. We traveled over an hour just to go there and we will do it again!!

Visited February 2012
Minnesota
“My All Time Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Hubbell House is my all-time favorite restaurant. I grew up in the area, and even worked there in the past as a waitress. Of all the places I have eaten, the Hubbell Houses is the best. I have never had a bad meal there. The Chicken Kiev, the ribs, the broiled shrimp, the fresh bread loaves and the garlic toast are all delicious. And you have to have the onion rings! The best I have ever had. Through the years the food and service have always been top-notch!

• Visited August 2011
San Francisco, California
“100 year rich history! However, 50 year old menu...”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Wonderful history to read the wall snad stories about the area and Mayo as well. A nice historic building. The only thing I noticed that was a downfall was the style of cuisine on the menu. Many older historic locations that serve food make the same mistakes. I believe in keeping the original character too, but at least clean it or make it "feel' like it is clean. The food was good but can be pretty dated to around the 1970s steak house. The overall atmosphere was nice for the age. It looked like there were pretty much local people and farmers that were very familiar with the location that mostly populated the restaurant, and probably don't necessarily have huge expectation. However, they could be doing very well with minimal updating such as carpetting or using a different method to get the dingy feel out of the air.

• Visited September 2011

Been to The Hubbell House? Share your experiences!