“Over priced...outdated”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Over priced...outdated”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The staff was friendly. We paid $100 per night.....and that is CRAZY!!! I would have no complaints if the rate was $65-75 (max)...that's all it's worth. They need to start investing into their property. The tv's they have (not flat screens--like 1980's tvs)....you can't give away at rummages....that's how old they are. Our room had an adjoining door...we could hear the people next door like they were in our room...and it was still loud. The rooms and lobby are very outdated.

The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bloomington, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel is close to restaurants and Mankato shopping mall but the quality is what you might expect. Average room decor, bedding and style. Don't expect much and you won't mind. Want more? Then look up the other more newer hotel chains in town and spend a few more bucks.

Room Tip: No Ice machine on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was told our room was next to the pool when checking in. I politely asked to be moved due to having a dog also also a child. The noise would do no one any favors (dog barking and kid not sleeping). The hotel's pool and hot tub were nice and also seemed to be kept clean. They also offer a pretty decent breakfast with homemade waffles and a variety of other options. I steared clear of the scrambled eggs and sausage links. The hotel also allows dogs to stay in rooms for a small fee. Beyond that, the place is well..not so much...

The room that we stayed was a bit dated (carpet was very dirty and worn, bedding very dated, pillows were stuffed weird where the cover was tucked inside the pillow touching the dirty, previously used by a stranger pillow?) and the bathroom smelled really bad of sweat. I would hate to think of what's on the comforters and when the last time it was that they were cleaned. I also witnessed a housekeeper making a waffle while we were just finishing our breakfast. That in itself isn't a huge deal but when she kept coughing over the waffle maker without covering her mouth, I decided I'll probaby stay somewhere else next time I'm in town.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BigMinnie
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I just called in for one night and the hotel is still ok, I've stayed here before. It is very nicely located with a lot of restaurants and shops near by.

The room had a new tv, which is nice, but no HD channels so you don't really get the benefit if having an HD tv.

Bedding and room were clean and I slept well, so no issue there. Internet is slow so don't expect to be streaming much video from netflix at HD quality ether.

One thing to note is that this hotel does have smoking rooms, which I find a little off putting myself. I did note the smell of smoke on the ground floor a couple of tiimes but never noticed it on the second floor where I was staying.

The staff at the front desk were friendly. Breakfast was the usually basic fare again.

I would strongly encourage the hotel to go smoke free as I think it would improve the appeal of the place for a lot more people, and get some HD channels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pxtaylor
Glenwood, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2012

By far one of the most rude staffing I have ever met. During my time there this weekend I saw 4 different managers and of those 4 there was only one who was polite and treated all guests with respect.
The whole hotel smells of cigarettes although there are only a few rooms that allowed smoking.
I received a noise complaint at 4:30 PM when all I was doing was watching TV on their out dated TVs.
There are staff members there that are very nice. The cleaning lady I had for 2 days was extremely nice, I wish that all the employees could have been like her.
The one thing this hotel has going for it, is Location. It is surrounded by places to eat and shop.
My last night I checked out and went to the hotel next to the Comfort Inn and had much better experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JWard_12

Travelers are raving about these Mankato hotels

Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The gentleman that was working the front desk while we were there was very friendly, so that was a good way to start off the stay. The room was comfortable, although dimly lit. The room was freezing when we walked in so I turned on the heater. With the way the curtains sit over the heater all of the heat was blowing straight up into them and not really getting into the room, I had to bunch up the curtains onto the window sill so the heat would blow into the room. They did not seem too busy and we did not have any noise problems. Make sure to put up a "do not disturb" sign. The cleaning staff was at the door before 10am and only gave a quick knock and started opening the door. The breakfast was pretty good, the regular budget motel fare and they also had the waffles (regular and blueberry) and eggs and sausage. The eggs and sausage were not fantastic, but certainly edible. Overall I enjoyed the stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SMO23
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 18, 2011

There is nothing remarkable3 about this hotel so it gets the standard average three stars.

The rooms are fine, beds ok, and management friendly. reasonable tv selection. Internet a little slow but I find all "high speed" inter claims are based on only one guest at a time please, at hotels.

I would stay here again, no issue there. There's a pool and a hot tub but if you want a fitness center they have a deal with Anytime Fitness about 2 miles away. That is something you may like or not. (Personally when it's winter, I find hotels that don't have a fitness center onsite much less appealing.)

Breakfast was the usual reconstituted yellow scrambled egg stuff, links and cereal that Comfort Inn is offering to compete with the Hampton Inn.

In short it's ok to stay here. I had no experiences that made me want to move.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business