Quality Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Mankato(Mankato)
View Hotel
All reviewsred lobsterwafflesbig tvbaymont hotelwould stay againin townroom was cleanhot tub and poollocation is excellentplace to sleepexceeded my expectationscleaning stafffront desk personnice staysidmicrowavepros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I recently stayed in a Comfort Inn at Boston Logan that was fantastic. This one in Mankato leaves a lot to be desired. First the good: The king bed in my suite was fantastic, nice menu of TV stations, spacious, small refrig. microwave, hair dryer and all the usual amenities. This place could be much better without a lot of money, work or effort.

I noticed immediately that the sink in bathroom leaked out onto the counter top. Told the front desk, said would fix, asked two more times when I left on 6th day still leaking. The high speed internet is a joke. 3 speed checks revealed 3 readings of .37Mb which I think is about the equivalent of dial up.

Now for the revolving door of staff. They frequently share or swap staff with the hotel across parking lot so there is no continuity of staffing at front desk. The people who come over from other property have very little idea about how things operate at the Comfort inn.The one person I did see frequently at front desk might as well have had a "don't bother me" sign on her forehead.

I am sure she is a nice person but I believe her attitude was a reflection of the management not allowing the staff to solve problems. Consequently her attitude is don't bother me because I can't help you anyway.

No elevator in 2 story hotel--cheap.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on first floor, no elevator
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Scottmcm
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Outdated décor, but clean enough with plenty of room to move – though I personally thought the bed was quite hard and uncomfortable. Heated pool was a bonus with the kids. Breakfast was ok, but not that much variety, had a waffle maker. Quiet at night even though in the middle of major roads. Easy walk to fast food joints like Red Lobster, Taco Bell and Walmart & major malls short distance away.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Trace123NewZealand
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is an amazing location! There are virtually all types of restaurants within walking distance, PLUS a shopping mall just a block away. Walmart, Target, speciality stores, you name it, its probably close by! There's an Applebees, Olive Garden, Panera Bread, Chinese, Chipotle, red lobster and more right within reach! The hotel is clean and nice, with a nice breakfast too!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SDakBabe
Reviewed May 7, 2008

It's a smaller property, just two floors. The pool and the breakfast area are small, as is lobby, although each area is presentable and clean. Stairways at each end of the motel appeared that they had not been vacuumed in quite some time. We arrived right at check-in, with only two other cars in the parking lot, so it's not likely that the crumbs, rocks, and dirt littering the steps were tracked in from newly arriving guests. I didn't see any way upstairs to our room from the lobby.

Entering our room, I was pleased to not be overcome with any scent other than that of what was likely 409 or glass cleaner. In the morning, checking to make sure that we didn't leave any belongings behind, I noticed that there was much debris underneath the dust cover around the bottom of the bed. Not just tiny crumbs, but a bobby pin, pieces of crackers, scraps of paper. But for the price I paid for the room--on a Saturday--it made it easy to overlook these downfalls. And where cleanliness really matters, such as the sheets, the bathroom floor, the toilet, and the bathtub--this property receives high marks. No hairs from previous guests anywhere in the tub or sink.

The waffle-enhanced continental breakfast went smoothly, and the attendant kept up on keeping the area clean throughout the time it took for us to finish breakfast. She periodically wiped up waffle batter spills, checked the levels of each juice selection, and restocked the plastic-ware, napkins, and condiments.

I would stay at this motel again, although the owners could improve the appearance by taking a competent vacuum through the stairwells and along the edges of the furniture in the room.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LonesomeJones
Reviewed January 10, 2008

The service at Comfort Inn was excellent. The night staff was very accommodating and very friendly. I would stay at this hotel again. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2007