“Sleep at this place or sleep in the car....should've slept in the car”

Riverside Suites Mankato
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My family and I were traveling back to North Dakota after attending a family reunion in Chicago. The entire town of Mankato was booked except for this place. Needless to say there was probably a reason why this was the only motel in town with rooms left. The place is literally falling appart. Although there is evidence that some remodeling has been done (1/2 of the columns on the hotel are painted one color and the other 1/2 are painted another), MUCH more needs to be done. The carpets in the hallway were filthy and the walls looked as though they were splashed with coffee. I thought the post below was joking but he was entirely serious about the housekeeping. Needless to say I should've slept in my car.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank hardypardy

Reviewed October 7, 2008

My friend and I took a road trip to Mankato to watch a hockey game. This place was the best part of the whole trip. We booked a room at this place because of all the bad reviews. After we checked in, we examined the room. There were cheerios on the floor, pills on the floor, and other garbage. The cleaning staff had obviously not vacuumed the room from the last visitors. The wall paper was “yellowed” and peeling off the wall. The AC unit had wires hanging out of it, and the lamp didn’t work unless you hit it. None of furniture matched, everything looked like it was purchased at a garage sale. I was disappointed to see that the TV was not bolted to the wall. We called the front desk and asked if we could get some more pillows and blankets. The person working at the front desk told us to get the stuff ourselves from the laundry room. I was very excited. I couldn’t wait to goof around in the laundry room and take all the pillows and blankets. After about 15 minutes of fun, we returned to our room. Overall, this place was a lot of fun. I would love to stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank roadtripguy42
Reviewed July 24, 2008

The Best Western would not honor my reservation, and this was the only room I could find in Mankato. The lobby was depressing. After seeing the room I went straight to the store to buy a new pillow and pillowcase, took the dog blanket out of my car and slept on that. Mold was definately an issue. I tried not to touch anything.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank CharMinneapolis_MN
Travelers also viewed these Mankato hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mankato
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center
Best Western Hotel & Restaurant
Budget Host Inn Mankato
Budget Host Inn Mankato
#9 of 16 in Mankato
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center, MN
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mankato East

Been to Riverside Suites Mankato? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riverside Suites Mankato

Address: 111 W Lind Ct, Mankato, MN 56001 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Mankato
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Price Range: $65 - $108 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Riverside Suites Mankato 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Riverside Suites Mankato reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mankato Hotel Mankato