“nothing fancy, but cheap enough”
Review of Days Inn Mankato

Days Inn Mankato
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
A TripAdvisor Member
EDEN PRAIRIE
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I did not expect anything beyond a budget hotel and that is what this. Having said that, the bath towels were big ans the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Mankato

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would have rated this hotel average to very good if it hadn't been for the odors. I had what was supposed to be a non smoking room, but the room absolutely reeked of smoke, enough so that it actually interfered with my sleep. In addition, the bathroom had a distinct smell of urine. It looked clean but must have needed some "deep cleaning."

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My fiancée and I were in town for the night and just stopped in to see prices. We figured that the price was not bad so we stayed. What really sold it for me was the lady at the front desk. She was very sweet and gave us a very warm welcome! It felt like home! Our room was great and spacious. We took a nice dip in the pool before going out to eat at this great little place the hotel recommended. Slept soundly and woke up feeling great! Wish I could sleep that good at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

It's not a luxury hotel, but the rooms, pool, and hot tub we're all very clean. you can't complain about what you're getting for the price of this hotel, it was only about 60 to 70 dollars and it was clean and right off of a major highway. mcdonald's is right across the street if you don't want to eat the cereal and donuts they offer for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My friend and I checked into this motel early in the day so we couldn't leave our bags in the room because it wasn't clean yet. We returned at 5:30 p.m. and opened the room door. We couldn't believe our eyes. The room had torn carpet and there were plastic tables stored in one corner and folding chairs in the other corner. The beds were murphy beds that fold out of the wall. The dresser that held the tv was a piece of trash and the room smelled like a musty basement. It was the worst room I have ever seen or smelled. I complained to the desk clerk about what we found in the room and asked her if that room doubled as a conference room and she said yes it did and I told her we would not stay in that room and asked for a different room. She said she had no other rooms, which was hard to believe because there were only 4 other cars in the parking lot. When I told her we would NOT stay in that room she did not offer any other arrangements.We left the hotel and she didn't even say she was sorry about the room. I WOULD NOT recommend motel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Internet was only good for checking email & facebook & such. My business software wouldn't work. When I inquired to the two folks at the front desk, all I got as two blank stares, then their assurance it wasn't a hotel problem. It worked at the hotel prior & the hotel after and works good to this day, what I'm I to think? Lost three days of work. Was a very clean place to stay with a small pool, lite breakfast and free parking.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel provides an excellent free breakfast in a very pleasant area alongside the pool. There were lots of tables and plenty of room, not in a cramped area like some other budget hotels. The food was very good and provided a great start for our day's journey. The room was nothing special at all but was clean and roomy. We were only there overnight so didn't need much. The hallway was very long with a low ceiling so it definitely was nothing fancy at all. I would stay here again but only if the price was right.

Room Tip: We ended up in a dead-zone room with no wi-fi connection, which we were informed of at check-in. No...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family