“Clean, quiet, & affordable”
Review of Days Inn Mankato

Days Inn Mankato
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean, quiet, & affordable”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The staff was extremely nice. This is a basic place, but for the price was a great find. There were a lot of smokers around, but there was no smell in my non-smoking room. I also liked that I could actually open a window and get some fresh air! The room was clean and quiet. The bathroom was small, but the room was big and included a mini-frig and microwave.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank CorpLibrarian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

For the price the room was great.
The price included continental breakfast and internet. The room was clean and the staff was more than accommodating!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KellysTravels
Iowa
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This hotel was above par in terms of amenities, cleanliness, location, and value when compared to other hotels I've stayed at for less than $100. A successful night's stay for me consists of a clean comfortable room, a good sleep, and a continental breakfast that keeps me going till lunch. I got all three. The real winner here was service. The staff was very friendly, helpful, pleasant and made me feel welcomed and valued.

By the way, I was in town for the Nobel Conference which was at Gustavus Adolphus in St. Peter. The hotel was only about 10 minutes away and most simple to navigate from.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank josespike
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Lovely lady at the front desk. We have allergies issues and because this hotel allows pets, we need to check if it will cause an allergy. Alas, unfortunately it was clear people had smoked on the second floor and no amount of air freshener could divert it. Great prices though

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelswithmyTeen
New Orleans
Reviewed February 13, 2010

My stay at this hotel was very nice. The reviews presented on this site were very accurate and I got exactly what I was expecting and more. The employees are very friendly and accommodating and the continental breakfast fulfilled all of my families needs. I was pleased with the size and quality of the rooms as well. It is also a plus that they have handicapped rooms available as it made my father's life much easier. The hot tub is one of the best I have ever seen. Sometimes hotels have hot tubs the size of bath tubs which make enjoying it with other people rather unpleasant. This one is humongous!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mardigrass
Rice Lake, WI
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I was a little apprehensive about staying here when I read some of the reviews, but I am very happy we did. The service was fantastic and the room was great for the price (2 queen beds $56 per weekend night)--we even had a microwave and refrigerator that we didn't know about when we reserved the room. The free continental breakfast was outstanding, both in quality and selection, which saved us from eating out all day. The pool has adult only hours from 10 p.m. to midnight, which is fabulous for relaxing at the end of the day. The only thing that could be perceived as a disadvantage to this hotel is its location; we had to drive a couple miles to the mall/shopping area. It was well worth it for the price, however.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank smurrey
Chicago, ILL
Reviewed November 1, 2009

We have our family reunion in Mankato every October and we all usually try to stay in one hotel. Over the years we have tried many in the Mankato area and this one is one of the best. The service we received was excellent. Many of us arrived a few hours before check in time and we were all able to get into our rooms. After the manager found out that we were having a family reunion, she gave us a meeting room at no charge! The meeting room was spacious and made it a whole lot easier to spend time with family in one large room. The kids spent most of their time in the pool and huge hot tub. The rooms were clean and relatively large and beds comfortable. Breakfast was displayed nicely and everything was fresh. They had apples and pears that were grown in Minnesota. They were delicious! The hotel is also next to a nice lake with lots of land and the walking trail was great for my morning walk.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family