“Dirty...”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Dirty...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We came to Mankato for a softball tournament and ended up in a smoking room. Of course it was very bad smelling and dirty. I moved the end table to plug in my phone and there was a ton of garbage and dust under it. Don't think it has been moved in years. The non smoking rooms were not smelly, but the hotel needs over all update for their price. Pool area was nice and large and was great for our large group. Continental breakfast wasn't good. One person in our group had bugs in their room. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank softbalmom
CozyStay55, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
We appreciate you coming to Mankato for the softball tournament and staying at our property. As your organizer was aware we were unable to give your group all non-smoking rooms because of the limited availabilty that evening. I certainly understand your concern about the smell in smoking rooms. Especially when you are not a smoker. We do go through and deep clean our rooms on a regular basis and do appreciate your input on the cleanliness behind the night stand. We have been going through the hotel and repainting the rooms. I'm sorry to say you were in one that has not been completed yet. I can assure you that the room you suggested had bugs in was totally inspected by an private pest control company and no sign of bugs was found in the room other than some of the knats that are prevalent in Minnesota this time of the year.

Our staff strive to provide excellent service and accommodations. We appreciate your constructive critique. I only wish you would of informed us when you were here so we could of handled your concerns immediately. Please reconsider staying at our property again and giving us another chance.

Arlene Herzberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at Best Western last week. I justed noticed that the entire place seemed pretty clean overall. My room was clean, which is good as my wife is a clean freak and she found it acceptable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Garretson, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

What a beautiful Hotel! The room amenities were perfect- the room was large, it included a full-size refrigerator which was nice, the pool was great, and the staff was friendly and professional. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my husband and daughter so we could attend his mothers memorial. We were given a "memorial rate" which was very reasonable. We reserved a king with a roll away and the roll away was there as requested. The room was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and my daughter even commented that she thought her bed was comfy. The pillows were plump and comfy as well.
Service by the staff was friendly and attentive. Most especially the wait staff in the restaurant. The waitress on day 2 even recalled what my daughter had ordered the day before even though she was not our waitress at the time. The complimentary sit down hot breakfast was very good.
Nice lobby and guest computer area.
We did not use the indoor pool but friends said it was over chorinated. My only disappointment was no WiFi in the room, though it was available in the lobby. Hope they will upgrade that later as I use a Nook Color when traveling and it can't be hardwired to the net.
Despite that we would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2011
Sioux falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

we had women relatives get-a-way. Aprox 15 of us. Rooms clean,pool big,personel pleasant and helpful.Breakfast good and lots variety.We plan to go back.
Brenda from Siouxfalls SD -

Room Tip: we had poolside-nice (4 of them) and 1 other room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Cambridge, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

Everybody was personal and professional. Clean and recommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: Call in advance and tell them what you would like.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

I have traveled and stay in a motel on an average of at least once a week for the past 23 years and have stayed in many motels around the area (Southern Minnesota) and by far the Best Western in Mankato, MN is the best of all of them. Not only is the price right but the thing that keeps me coming back is that they have a pool, a lounge, and a restaurant all in the same location and what is important for me is that not only can I plug my car in during the winter months but I do not have to jump into my car after a long day to drive for a cocktail or find a good restaurant to get a bite to eat....it's all right there. The rooms are always clean and the customer service great as they will go out of their way to help me with anything they can....barr none.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business