Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown
$92
Country Inn
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$105
$85
$64
$52
QualityInn
$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$64
$94
$110
$100
Courtyard Mankato(Mankato)
$134
Motel 6 Mankato(Mankato)(Great Value!)
$63
All reviewsolives restaurantverizon centerparking rampgreat hotelbars and restaurantsin townhotel restaurantquiet hotelonsite restaurantroom was cleanthe hotel staffeasy accesswill stay there againfree breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonefront desk staffstaff was very friendly
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love Mankato because of the Betsy-Tacy connection and have stayed in several other hotels when visiting. This time I was there on business and my company booked the Hilton. I was so impressed. Lovely decor and excellent food from the Olives Restaurant. Very nice breakfast special as well. I will stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our property. I know that I, as well as the rest of the staff are committed to making each guest stay a memorable one, and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2013

just stupid you don't know someone is stuck in an elevator for one half hour to 45minutes till someone sounds the fire alarm for help and wakes up everyone that's sleeping or whatever and makes them evacuate the hotel for a half hour to 45 minutes more

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for saying with us and also for the review of our property. I do apologize for the inconvenience of alarms sounding during your stay and would like to offer this explanation for both the elevator and the fire alarm.
First, when the elevator is inoperable, a call goes to the elevator company, who then calls us. We cannot, by law do anything at that time to help our guests out. The elevator company discharges a certified mechanic to dislodge the elevator and let people out. It is unfortunate, but it happens when the elevator is overloaded or there is excessive movement which causes the car to default and shut down for the safety of the inhabitants.
I also apologize for one of our guests making the decision to pull the fire alarm, as I was not aware the two things were related, and from my understanding, none of our guests was asked to evacuate the hotel.
Again, my sincere apologies to you and hopefully, you will give us another chance to provide you with the service we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great hotel with a fantastic restaurant, Olives, and helpful staff. I would always stay in this hotel when in the area. I love the hitlon Garden in chain of hotels, and this hotel is a class above the normal HGI due to the high quality restaurant.

Room Tip: I always pick a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thanks for the great review on both the hotel and Olives. I am happy you chose our property for your travel needs and also for you dining pleasure. We hope we can welcome you again very soon

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's unfortunate that this hotel is adjacent to train tracks with many trains travelling by. The trains cause the building to shake. Otherwise, this was a nice, modern, clean and professionally run HGI.

Room Tip: Maybe asking for a room facing the downtown will help the shaking issue, not sure.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found our property to be up to the standards you would expect from a Hilton property. I have not had the trains near the river come up before, so I will have to reserve comments on this issue, but I most definatly will check into it.
Thanks for staying with us, and hopefully you'll allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is very modern and clean. The restaurant is very tasty. The only thing unpleasant was checking in. It was a lady that check me in, Lory, or Laura. She was very unprofessional and barked at me(instead of talking) all the directions and info. There was a line of people behind me waiting, and instead of letting me move on so she could help others she extremely over explained everything. I believe it would be very beneficial for the hotel to have employees that can read body signals, which I believe was not her strong point. I think my body language was very obvious that I needed to get going and she needed to not make others wait unnecessarily. Other than this I love the style and food at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1_Ali_M
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the amount of information we need to convey to you when checking in, but over time we have come to the conclusion that more is actually better. I would much rather give to much information, then to have a guest tell me they were never told someything about our property. I'm also surprised by Lori's behavior, as she has been nothing short of outstanding. I will certainly have a talk with her and obvoiusly, I would offer my apologies for her. Thanks again for your comments, as they most certainly help us become better in all aspects of our business.