Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
Courtyard Mankato(Mankato)
$132
$124
Courtyard
All reviewsolives restaurantparking rampverizon centergreat hotelbars and restaurantsin townhotel restaurantquiet hotelonsite restauranthockey gameroom was cleanthe hotel staffeasy accesswill stay there againfree breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great time at this hotel! Very friendly and helpful staff, great parking ramp with easy access, and great food! Unlike some hotels, this one is clean and fresh and there is always someone around that is beyond willing to help! The pool is open til 11 which is nice and opens again at 6 which makes it nice that you're able to enjoy it even if you had other plans while staying

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. I honestly never get tired of reading comments about our guests experiences while in Mankato. I want to sincerely thank you for choosingto stay with us, and also for the nice review on Trip Advisor. We would love to be able to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in town for business and stayed here last night. I got in late around 9:00 after being on sales calls all day. I walk into the hotel, and the front desk person is behind the counter, staring at his computer screen, basically ignoring me. After waiting several secons, I ask "I have a reservation, can I check in please?" Staring at his screen, without asking who I was, he told me I didn't have a reservation tonight, that there was 1 outstanding reservation with a female's name (I'm a male obviously). He said this in a very indifferent, snooty tone. I told him that isn't correct, and I showed him my confirm number I booked through hotels.com. He alleged that it was the night before, but I showed him both on paper and my smartphone that it was for tonight. He then picks up the phone without saying anything to me. I asked him what he was doing. He said he has to "call the vendor, it will probably be awhile". I went and parked my car, came back, and he was still on the phone. Finally things got ironed out, and it was proven that I did have a reservation that night, but allegedly the vendor may have accidentally switched the dates initially. I asked him for some type of comp or free breakfast for the situation, and he was quick to decline as it "was the vendor's fault, not the hotel's". I then asked to make sure I was receiving my points for my Hilton Honors membership. He claimed I had no membership. I pulled the card out of my wallet, and my membership than magically came up on the computer. At this point, I was so exhausted, I just let the situation drop and went up to my room. Well to add insult to injury, I put the key in the slot, and keys were not activated. I then had to call down from my cell phone to send someone to activate my keys.

I travel for work frequently and will mostly stay at Hilton properties. This by far was the worst experience. To the GM, I would strongly reccomend you have a sit down with the worker behind the desk on Tuesday nights. He clearly either hates his job and takes frustraton out on customers or just needs a crash course on customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I first want to thank you for taking the time to review our services during your stay. I also want to assure you, everything you experienced is contrary to the culture we believe in at this property. It is our responsibility to insure all of our gueswts are treated with the respect they deserve, simply by being our guest. My most sincere apologies for the treatment you received, and I assure you, outstanding customer service remains our primary focus.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice,quiet and comfortable. Stayed on a Saturday night when the hotel was full and many guest had attended an alcohol related event. Never heard any noise or was aware the hotel was full. Cannot wait to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and thanks for chosing to stay with us. It is our intent to make each guest our priority and we are thrilled your stay was up to your standards. If at any time we can improve our efforts, please let us know.
Thanks again

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. It's between Minneapolis and on the way to Sioux Falls. Right downtown and just off 169. The rooms are quite nice, all business. Last time (Summer) they upgraded me to a patio/ roof access suite on the 9th floor. Pretty dang cool. This go round was a nice 7th floor view of the river. Olives has a salad called the Massoud Salad. I loved it so much I had it for dinner and again for a lunch on the go. Breakfast is nice and for the price quite good. Order an omelette the way you want it.

The staff is good. Parking a bit quirky but it's all fun.

Room Tip: Plan on dinner at Olive's. Skip the French onion soup, way too salty. Everything else is just great. The Massoud Salad with grilled chicken is heavenly! Get a 9th floor roof access suite if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of the facility and the staff and strive everyday to ensure our guests are comfortable and treated as they deserve. I will mention the soup to the Management at Olives, so they can make adjustments.

Thanks again, and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was most pleased with our stay. The room was most comfortable, clean and inviting. The bed was very comfortable, so each evening I did get a good nights rest. The staff was always accomodating and eager to please. I will hopefully stay again as our business meetings are planned in that area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the positve review. It's always our pleasure to entertain new guests, as well as return guests. We will continue to deliver outstanding facilities and customer service.