“Gorgeous Hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Gorgeous Hotel!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was beautiful, clean, and quiet. I never saw the workout room or pool area because I was working so much, so I cannot speak to that. They have the sleep system beds which are extremely comfortable and adjustable in firmness to your needs. I love how the bed conformed to my body. I slept like a baby,which is important when work is stressful. The room had microwave, flat screen tv, and refrigerator. The restaurant in the hotel, forgive me but I cannot remember the name of it, does room delivery. I had the walleye the first night and it was the best walleye I've had in a long time and I live in Minnesota, so that says a lot. The second night I had the turkey club sandwhich brought up. It was very savory with the bacon, but a lot of food both nights. I would suggest sharing the food with a partner the portions are so big, or if you are burley guy you will not be unsatisified with the plates. Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious. The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is that parking is in timbuktoo. You have to take a cart to your parking spot, while they have carts, it's about a block away to your car, which isn't that convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for saying all the nice things about our property. It is always uplifting to the staff when we receive positive comments regarding the hard work they do. I do apologize about the parking. I would suggest to all of our potential guests that if they have excess luggage during their stay, to drop it off at check in and we will hold it at the desk until after you are parked.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Madison, WI
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend on July 5th while attending a wedding. Check in was quick and the desk clerk was professional and friendly. They put us on a high floor in a quiet area of the hotel which I requested.

The room was spacious and very clean. The bedding was fresh and they have a sleep system setup on the mattresses which allowed you to adjust the firmness on the mattress and that was nice. The room has a mini refrigerator and microwave which is nice.

We went down to the pool area and although it is small, the hot tub was very nice and so was the pool. They had the area decorated in a tropical theme which I thought was cute.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. We believe we have a wonderful property and it is our goal to exceed all of our guests expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend for a graduation in near by St. Peter (Gustavus) and it was a perfect pick. It was within walking distance of many great restaurants and it was about a 1/2 block from access to many of the beautiful bike paths around Mankato. The rooms were clean, quiet and good sized and they even upgraded us to a nicer room with no extra charge upon checkin.

They had a fairly secure parking garage attached to the hotel and the entry gates worked great with our key card the whole weekend. The pool & hot tub was fairly small but very nice. They had very attractive plants, murals and large windows around the pool area. The lobby was clean and inviting too.

There is a very well reviewed restaurant in the lobby but we only had dessert there which was fantastic. I am sorry we did not get to eat a meal there. I would most definitely pick this hotel if we are staying in this area again.

Room Tip: If you can up grade to the king suite do it! Very nice walk-in shower and jacuzzi bathtub in a spac...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for the outstanding review. We take great pride in our hotel and we're thrilled you found our property to your liking. Please make sure to come and see us the next time you are in the area
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed here for two nights, the staff were friendly and rooms were clean.
Elton John concert was playing so the sound could be heard until it finished.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thanks for the comments and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest.
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

The entrance to this hotel is really hard to find. The sign is small and the entrance is behind the building way off the main street and is mixed in with the front entrance to a parking garage. I mentioned to the lady at the front desk about the challenge to find the entrance, she rudely stated "it's no harder to find than any hotel in any other city". Well I've stayed in many hotels in many cities and never had to circle the building as many times as I did here. I even had to go out side and flag down a co-worker that had circled the building multiple times as well and she lives in MN! I must have hit a nerve with the front desk because I had to call down and have them turn on the ventilation system in the room.

The food at Olives was ok and service was good.

It is probably the nicest hotel in town, unfortunately it has rude front desk staff, if you can tolerate that then it's not to bad.

Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Mankato. We utilize all of our guests comment to make every attempt to improve our service at the property. I found it disturbing that any of the staff would make a comment like the one you described, and frankly find it unacceptable. We will use your situation as one of the many teachable moments to ensure our staff is aware of how their efforts are viewed by all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend trip. The hotel was clean, decor is updated and staff is friendly. The food at Olives was also good.

Unforunately, it was also the same weekend as a billiards tournament so it was quite crowded and loud. On Friday evening a group kept me up until 3 am partying. It was also extremely smoky in the hotel. I am not a smoker so it did bother my allergies quite a bit.

I believe I caught them during a busy time and I imagine if I went back my experience would be better. But do keep in mind that this is not a smoke free hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We find it extrmely helpful to receive any comments from our guests as it only helps make us better. I apologize for the lack of a smoke free envionment, but I assure you we are working on turning our property to a non-smoking property in the near future. Again, thanks for the comments and for staying with us.
North Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Parking was a bit of a challenge, but in all fairness, Elton John was in town. Only two elevators, which only had two speeds, slow and stop, but again, the place was jammed with concert goers. I'm not sure that is a good excuse though, as it is connected to the Altel Center by skywalk, so one would expect they would faster & beef up staff for these events. The in house restraunt was packed after the event, so one would expect room service to be slow, but there was any after 9pm. The concert ended at 10:45, so you either had to order delivery or take a chance and venture out to find a place that wasn't packed or buy machine sandwiches & soda. K, that was my minor gripes. The hotel is a very clean, safe, modern & friendly place. Fully complimented rooms and suites. I would definately stay again, especially for the convenience to a concert.

Room Tip: Get there early for good parking if attending a major event and stay put or use a cab.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I assure you every comment we receive is a valuable tool for us to help improve our service or our hotel. It is always our pleasure to be of service to our guests.