“We loved it and we will be back!”

Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is the best hotel they have had in Mankato for ages and it has big rooms, nice views and a fantastic restaurant--Olive's! DO NOT MISS the buffet lunch, whatever you do. But it is just excellent.
I stay at a lot of hotels and this is a winner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you so much for the nice review. We are very fortunate to have Olive's as the onsite venue for all of our Food and Beverage needs. They do a fantastic job and we're proud to partner with them. They make the Hilton Garden Inn that much better.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel was beautiful on the inside and out. We were in town to attend an event across the street at the Verizon Center, so the location of this hotel couldn't be beat! Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. All hotel staff that we encountered were extrememly polite, as well. The only issue we encountered was that we were driving our SUV, and the parking ramp for guests only has a clearance of only 6'8," so we were unable to park there due to height. Finding alternative parking on this particular day was not easy, so if you can, drive a car to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review. It's alway's nice to be able to respond to a satisfied guest experience. I wish there was something we could do about the ramp and your parking situation.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed there last night. Was previously in love with this place and thought it was the best place to stay in Mankato. Has slipped and mostly due to 1 reason. You book a hotel for primarily 1 reason... To get a good nights rest when out of town. Well... That definitely wasnt achieved because of the Ventilation system. When I got to the room, I was glad to see the air was on and the room was cool. But it was too cool and any attempts to adjust the thermostat from hell, were unsuccessful. Every time I would turn it up, it would reset to it's programmed mode after 5-10 mins. I even tried turning it off, but it would turn back on after 5-10 mins. I called the front desk and Melissa said she could turn it off for me from the front desk. I then asked what I was to do in the middle of the night if I needed the air again and she replied that I could call her again. This is not acceptable for a room that you're paying nearly $150 for after taxes. Needless to say, I won't be staying there again and I recommend that you think twice or be prepared to call the front desk multiple times to get the room temp to your liking... WTF??

• Stayed: July 2011
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

It is our commitment to each of our guests to provide them a stay that will exceed their expectations. Our HVAC is indeed one of the most critical aspects of a guests comfort, especially when the days are extreme like they have been. We have corrected the issue with your thermostat and I want to offer my most sincere apologies.
I am hoping you will allow us the opportunity to prove to you that our hotel, the staff and service are second to none.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Very clean, bright and new looking. Fast wireless internet in rooms. Nice coffee maker and mini refrigerator in room. We did not have any food there. Great location in downtown Mankato.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for the comments. We will continue to strive to make every guests stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Check in was efficient and free parking in attached ramp handy. Stayed on 5th floor in King room, nice large corner room with plenty of room to stretch out. Bath updated and nice shower with power! Microwave and mini fridge in room with coffee pot and coffee. Room quiet and dark, so sleep in. I don't really like the beds at Hilton, but I stayed here as all the family were here. A/C very loud in room, but kept room nice and cool with 98 degrees outside. Booked room online for $89/night $20.00 less then calling hotel. Lobby has a nice bar with good drinks and not too expensive. Olives restaurant pretty good, had breakfast two mornings and some appetizers one afternoon that were great. Did not eat dinner here. Pool more of a puddle, really small. Location is down town near river walk. Very nice surrounding area for a walk, sculpture walking tour right out front door around down town area with so many beautiful flowers. We were in town for a wedding and I booked a hair appointment at the nearby (walking distance) Radiance Salon, very nice salon that took 3 walk ins with a smile and did a great job. Lots of night life on opposite side of parking ramp then hotel, short 5 min. walk. Pretty young college crowd, we walked over and ate a late night dinner at 500. Food okay for bar food. Fun to people watch. Nice vibe in Mankato.

Room Tip: Book online for the best room rate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the nice comments. We've addressed the issue with the air conditioner in the room you stayed in. I'm sorry you do not like of the Garden Sleep System beds. They have received mostly positive reviews from our guests.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I stayed here with my mom on a weekend getaway. The staff was friendly and very helpful, anything I asked was answered promptly and with a smile. I booked online and was very impressed with the rates as one of the old, rundown motels in the area was charging just a few dollars less!!!! The beds were very comfortable and the room was immaculate. All amenities were present and full. We had a late dinner at Olives and it was delicious. The staff there were also very friendly and personable. Breakfast the next morning found us enjoying the buffet with a decent variety to choose from. The location is good and there were many different shops close by. I would definetly stay here again with no hesitation!!!! Beautiful Hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2010
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Thank You so much for the kind words. We have worked hard and we will continue to work hard to make every guest experience something they will remember, so they will think of us everytime they are in Mankato.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel is connected to the hockey arena and close to everything in downtown Mankato. It is new, clean and nice enough. If you want to be downtown in Mankato, I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
stack16, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

The entire team at the Mankato Hilton Garden Inn wants to thank you for your business and for the great review. We are committed to making sure our guests experience is the best.