“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
san diego, ca
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Really comfortable bed and one of the best hotel hot-tubs I've seen. Location is fairly central and hotel has its own underground car park. Nice and quiet. Had a good nights sleep, and a good breakfast too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Nice decor, great center pool area, impressive service. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

Checked in hours early free of charge and was able to get a smoking room! Hotel is just starting to show its age but it was VERY clean and the staff was the MOST HELPFUL and professional group of people I have encountered at any hotel. The location was perfect, walked everywhere even though parking was free. The microwave in the room was perfect for late night snacks when all the restaurants in town were closed. No fridge so bring a cooler! We didn't use any hotel services (pool, room service, happy hour lounge) so I can't comment on that. But I have to admit I left a small stash of cash in the room (no safe) and forgot it when I checked out and I received it in the mail the very next day. I was very impressed with how they handled that situation because in these tough economic times, I can imagine how easy it would have been to pocket that money. I have forgotten things (and some of lesser value) in hotels before and never had them returned or the issue resolved, so this was a great relief / surprise! Even if the money hadn't been returned to me, it still would have been a GREAT stay because I had no one to blame for my mistake, except for myself. Having a safe in the room would have helped though! Will definitely be back the next time I'm in Mankato!! Not a cpmplaint about this stay, probably the best overall hotel experience I've ever had and I use to work for one!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

This hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. The rooms and common areas were worn. I had a room that had a window to the hotel pool area and it was very loud for a few hours as a birthday party was going on. Luckily it was quite after the party ended. The fitness eqipment was adequate but the room could use some updating. The beds weren't too comfortable and I didnt feel that the room was very clean. In one of the beds there seemed to be nail clippings. Yuck. The room was pretty cheap but even for the low price, I wouldn't stay there again. I must mention thought that the staff was very friendly and helpful and really went above and beyond.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mwilmes, Manager at Mankato City Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2010
We listen to our guests and thank you for your comments. It gives us an opportunity to improve our product, which is exactly what we've done. We recently completed a $1.3 million guestroom remodel in preparation for our name change from Holiday Inn to the Mankato City Center Hotel which occurred on October 1, 2010. We hope you'll come back and see the improvements we've made or check them out on our website.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

Hotel did a nice job with check in and out with a large group of people coming in at once. Rooms were ready early, front desk handled special requests well, parking easy.
Nice place to stay with great access to the Alltel center.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank shuckiedarn
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

This is an older hotel that has been somewhat remodeled. The carpet and furnishings were new but that was it. The hallways were very smelly. There is no continental breakfast at this hotel. The bathroom had no tub, just a very small, not very nice shower. I traveled on government business and they would not tax exempt my bill. There is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn down the road that I will be staying at the next time I visit Mankato.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Mankato in September 2007. We have stayed here before, but that was 19 years ago, on our wedding night!
It is a nice hotel. It is clean and well run. My only real complaint is that there were not enough electrical outlets for todays traveler. The desk area had only one extra outlet, which is not nearly enough for a laptop, two cell phone rechargers, and camera battery recharger. (We had to use the bathroom outlets) The electric outlet by the desk was also somewhat damaged. It was not secure in the wall, so that when you plugged something in, it moved. This caused me to worry about an electrical short. We encountered no "real" electrical problems though, and overall we had an enjoyable stay. The guest washer and dryer were older, but worked just fine. Parking was convenient and easy. This is a very nice hotel, but some updating to todays electrical needs would make it even better.

• Liked — good location, close to civic center.
  • Disliked — poor electrical outlets for todays electronics.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Spike-the-Traveler