See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2019

To say that this hotel did not fulfill it’s obligation to the customer would be the understatement of the Century.

The check-in process took over an hour. The lobby had stained ceiling tiles everywhere and was generally dirty. Upon going up to the room, I discovered it was filthy.

The ceiling vent was dirty. The coffee maker and ice bucket were on the bathroom counter. Gross.

There were bodily fluid stains on the comforter which I can only assume were semen. The hallway reeked of mariunana and there were people very loud outside of our room.

I immediately went back down to the front desk where I was told there were no other rooms they could put us in and that quiet hours were not until 11:00pm.

I said that is not going to work, we go to bed at 8:00 pm. I asked where on their website it said quiet hours were not until 11:00?
They said their website is managed by a third party and they can’t control what is on the website.

We called every hotel within 40 miles and no vacancies so we were kind of stuck without other options.

Then we tried to go to bed around 9:00 pm and the noise from the pool was so loud it was impossible to sleep. I talked to the front desk again and we were told quiet hours were not until 11:00 pm so there was nothing they could do.

At 11:00 pm it was still so noisy that I went back down to the front desk. They had not yet begun telling people to vacate the pool area. They said that this hotel was a party hotel and Mankato was a party city and that we should have known that.

At one point, someone was trying to listen to me and another lady that was working the desk came and grabbed the floor plan out of my hands.

She become aggressive, hostile and belligerent with me and started yelling and swearing at me. At one point it got bad enough that I considered calling the police on her.

There were people yelling outside of our room until after 2:30 am. I was assured that after I talked to the desk around 11:30 pm there would be no more noise and I would be able to go back up to my room and fall asleep.

There were people trying to get into our room several times between 11:00 pm and 2:30 am. I did not fall asleep until after 2:30 and what little sleep I did get was not restful because I was so stressed out due to the events leading up to that I couldn’t have possibly gotten decent sleep between 2:30 am and when I needed to get up at 6:00 am for the softball tournament, which is why we were in town to begin with.

Everything that could have possibly been wrong with this hotel was wrong. Aside from what I previously stated, they advertised a restaurant and bar on site, neither of which were open during our stay.

The elevators were disgusting and smelled like a mix of urine, cigarette smoke and marijuana. The shower in the pool area was out of order. There were chairs blockings the emergency exits.

The glass in the pool area was cloudy from moisture and moldy. There was garbage everywhere. The ice machines looked like they were full of mold and bacteria.

Room tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here because the Hilton was booked up. Check in was fine but the entire hotel has a distinct smell. The hallways were cluttered with disgusting cleaning carts and linen carts left out at all times. A member of the staff walked in on my husband after literally removing the do not disturb sign from the card entry.

The room smelled musty to the point that we had to keep our window open on an 85 degree day, There was mold around the tub, disgustingly old shower curtains with gunk built up around the shower rings, and hard water build up on the shower head. The blanket on the bed felt like it was covered in rubber.

The elevator walls were oddly carpeted and covered in stains. Stay anywhere but here.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We had a large group staying for graduation. We choose this hotel specifically for the large pool area... was perfect to have a party and many others did the same! The staff was great about bringing out tables, chairs, reserved signs so we could go to the ceremony and know our tables were there waiting for us when we returned. The morning breakfast you get free is great for a free breakfast! Seemed like real eggs, sausage links or patties (depending on the morning) and american fries, french toast, yogurt, etc. Impressive and nice large area to eat it in. Comfortable. The hotel itself needs some updates. Our bathroom vanity was falling apart, not everyone's temperature gauge in their room worked... no ones key cards worked! It was crazy! They do have free parking below. It was great for what we needed it for but it is a fairly run down spot.

Room tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the pool if you want to go to bed before 11 p.m. when they close the pool area down for the night.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2019

Desk Agents not very attentive to guests wanting to check in. First impression was an odor when walking into the lobby...Ok, pool right there.Let that go..2nd floor, where our room was located; a caravan of housekeeping carts were parked in the hall, on both sides of the hall making it difficult to manuver with luggage in hand. The TV remote was dead..once batteries obtained still couldn't get channels to change..toilet ran intermittently thru the night..Handle shaking needed.
This hotel was very convenient for our purpose (concert), but if I were planning a trip and would be in the room or at the hotel for any period of time, I would choose elsewhere.

Room tip: appears that all rooms are pool view...noisy
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Twice within 2 years, our group booked several rooms 5 months in advance for a major sporting event, only to be "bumped" within a week of our arrival. The hotel relocated our booking to another hotel that was 2 miles from the downtown area. NOT CONVENIENT!!! Lots of apologies that their online booking system has a error in booking rooms. In talking with others staying at the hotel that same weekend, several people also were bumped to a nearby hotel. However I also spoke with those who booked their room a month prior, and never got bumped. So if your thinking of booking at this hotel, even a year in advance, DO NOT TRUST that the confirmation is guaranteed.

Date of stay: April 2019