Mankato City Center Hotel
Courtyard Mankato(Mankato)
$138
$129
Courtyard
All reviewsthe entire pool areafree underground parkingfood servicewalking distancerooms are nicewedding receptionpoolsidefrigtubuniversity
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at 10PM - at 10:15 entered my first room to find that the previous tenant had smoked heavily in the non-smoking room...back to the front desk. In my 2nd room, a double queen rather than the king room I was originally in, by around 10:30. My business partner's first room was filthy so he went down and asked to get us both into two of their king suites...on the move again. I got into my king suite around 10:45 only to find that is was climate controlled by what they called "central air"...it was close to 80 in the room and the small thermostat was showing it to be 64* so the A/C wouldn't come on...I just sat there for about five minutes sweating and listening to the lady in the next room hacking up a lung. I finally decided that in spite of the fact that I had just driven 8 hours and was exhausted, I had to get into a room with A/C. At the front desk I spent twenty minutes while a guy who never apologized or acted evenly remotely concerned that this was my 4th room, kept telling me that he couldn't find any rooms available (after he tried to put me back in the smoky room). He finally said he found what I requested and sent me away to find my forth room which he didn't tell me was a room with a king bed and a TV and nothing more...the single smallest room I've ever stayed in. At 11:30 I turned on the A/C and settled in. I've never had hotel employees care any less or act more apathetic in all my travels. Not one apology in 3 different room changes. When u couple that with dirty air vents and really old towels that have hair weaved into them from years of use, I would have to say to stay away from this place.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank PBOKC
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Didnt stay in the hotel, just used conference room and buffet for lunch. The staff was friendly and the buffet, while small, was pretty good.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Knutey1111
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed the 2nd weekend in June, We are a family of 4 that stays at hotels frequently. This hotel ranks as one of the worst EVER!!!!! AC does not work, rooms are dirty, stuffy, and humid. Pool area is unkept, Pool stayed open later then the operating hours which left for a very LOUD evening.... Resturant is worse than a drive-in but priced very high. , Free contintenal breakfast is not worth going to. But more importantly staff is extremely unprofessional, and GM even worse. Many better options in the Mankato are to choose from. If you don't care if you sleep in a hot,humid, dirty room you will be fine here. and if you want to be kept up into the late hours of the evening get a pool side room, and if you want your kids to swim in a pool where the other people are swimming fully clothed this is the place you want to stay. But more importantly if you want to be treated with no respect and by unprofessional staff this is a MUST STAy Hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen W
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable experience. We worked very hard to accommodate you and your family. When I spoke to you yesterday, you did not have any complaints about the pool area or noise levels of the pool area. Our security ensures the pool area is closed at closing time and noise levels are at a reasonable level. Your husband called me after I got off the phone with you and much of what he said contradicted what you had said. He also said you will be back next year. I am proud of how hard my staff works and the degree of integrity of which they do their job. Honesty goes a long way in life.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family was in Mankato for my son's baseball tournament. There were numerous baseball and softball tournaments in town the same weekend, in addition to a wedding at the hotel. All of the hotels in town were completely full - and overpriced.

The staff wasn't very knowledgeable about the town - we asked for tips on how to get to the fields without running into road closures, as well as for a good place to eat dinner, and nobody at the front desk was able to provide information without looking it up online (which took a while).

Our room faced the pool - I would strongly suggest NOT facing the pool. It was terribly loud until 11:30 pm. The room was cramped but updated. The bathroom sink was tiny. The room was clean, but the common areas could have been better kept up, The elevators were very slow. The pool area was a total mess, but that could have been due to the sheer number of people using it at any given time. Parking was adequate.

Room Tip: Do not face the pool area!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GabeKline
jmadamson, General Manager at Mankato City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The hotel was very busy the weekend of your stay with many teams and kids in the hotel. With many kinds in the hotel, the pool area does tend to get loud but our staff does a good job at closing the pool area down and keeping noise levels minimal after hours. There is also alot of road construction in town and our staff wanted to be sure you were able to get to your destination without any problems. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the Mankato area.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family stayed here June 9 - 10, 2012. We arrived really late on Friday, at about 11:30 pm. Check in went very smoothly and quickly. We were given room 351 and it was close to the elevator. After reading reviews about noise I had some concerns however we didn't experience any of those issues. The rooms were nicely appointed. And clean. Some of the common areas could have used updating as they looked rather dated with the decor.

The highlight for us, and my kids was when we returned to our room Saturday evening. We had been out all day at the MN Air Spectactular and were really tired. Once in the room we found that housekeeping ad tucked my children's stuffed animals into the beds, propped them up, and they were watching TV while we were out all day. My kids loved this and I appreciated the attention to detail.

We would easily stay here again if in the area. My advice for those that may be hesitant based on previous readers reviews: There are some things the hotel can control and some they can. Don't let some of those things interfere with the good service that I personally received.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your wonderful comments. I printed your review and showed the housekeeper who cleaned your room and posted it for all the housekeepers to see. Housekeeping is a tough job with very few rewards. This is one reward she really enjoyed. Thank you, we are looking forward to your stay next time you are in Mankato.