“Mankato MN”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
st paul
“Mankato MN”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a very average hotel, with few extras. For the money, it was an OK stay. My stay could have been enhanced with a fridege in the room, as well as a table and chair to eat at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Microtel M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mankato, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Janice - Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are always looking for recommendations of items to add to our Breakfast line up, we just recently added the Waffle Station and so far seems like a hit. Although currently we don't have fridges and microwaves in our standard rooms we do have them available in our Suites. Thanks again we appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests to help make this the best place to stay in the Mankato area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
KELLOGG
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The staff in Mankato is awesome. They always have a room for me when I arrive and at a very good rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Microtel M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mankato, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks Jay, we enjoy seeing you every time you stay with us!
OMAHA
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times on our trips to Mankato. The price is fairly good. The beds in the rooms are comfortable. The hotel is clean and inviting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Microtel M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mankato, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Curtis,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in Mankato, MN. We are aware that our cable company has made some switches to their channel line up and we are working on updating our channel guide. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!
Indiana
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I usually stay one step up the hotel chain. However everything else was booked. So here it is: Good, Clean, Staff friendly, low price, everything worked.
Bad: PAPER THIN WALLS.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gonic, NH
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This location appeared to be near sold out during my visit. I had a second floor room that was neat, clean and properly stocked with all the amenities. The elevator was nearby, but I never heard it operating. The location is in a quiet office-park type area and any room should be acceptable.
This location had a very clean and reasonably price stackable washer and dryer. A wash was $1.25 and $.75 for drying. The dryer seemed to retain too much moisture, even with a clean vent filter so I suspect the vent is either plugged or the exhaust hose is kinked someplace. But a full load was near dry in one cycle.
The breakfast was not large, but acceptable. There were hard boiled eggs, with a proper utensil and they were cold. There was yogurt, pastry, cereal, juice, toast and oatmeal. There was enough there, with a little variety to start the day. There were also red apples, bananas and large oranges available.
This is what I remember all Microtels being like over the last ten years. It appears that at least two locations in Minnesota are still meeting those standards.
I would return here alone or with my spouse in the future.
My only concern and I forgot to ask about it, was whether the location took pets and if there was a limit on how many. One pair of women appeared to check-in and then later take 3 dogs to their room. The dogs would all be considered small. Nick was the only person I saw, he was there at check-in and check-out and when I did my laundry, he was a pleasant person to speak to.

Room Tip: There did not seem to be any faults with any particular location. This is a three story location wi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Escanaba
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Friendy helpfull staff, very accomadating !!! clean, comfortable quiet,except for the bells on the elevator.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stay at the Microtel 3/3/12-3/4/12. I walked in the hotel late and the aroma of burnt popcorn welcomed me to what would be a memorable stay. I first walked into my room knowing I would need to ask to move because of a party next door to me. I was able to move without a lot of fuss. I walked into the new room and my skin crawled. There were multiple stains on the couch and curtains. I stuck it out but tried not to touch anything I did not have to. The second night the smoke alarm started to tweet at me. I asked for the battery to be changed and there were no maintenance staff on sight to change it. I helped the front desk person change the battery. This place is a nightmare.

• Stayed March 2012