“Love it. Best coffee shop in Mankato.”

Fillin' Station Coffeehouse
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Mankato
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great delicious sandwiches, awesome fun creative espresso drinks and local artsy feel. Me gusta mucho.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Fillin Station Coffeehouse has a non-commercial hipster vibe, often filled with college students, their laptops, and counter-culture types. These is a very laid back coffee house, cluttered with a mish-mashed mix of old tables, chairs, a sofa, and church pew, offering a scatter of board games, books and magazines while you drink your beverage or eat. There is a near avalanche of free pamphlets for a plethora of causes, and a wallpapering of postings next to the entrance. The walls are brightly colored and clashing, adorned with artwork, often for sale, by aspiring local artists, while the electrical conduit snakes around to each outlet and fixture.

They offer a wide, plentiful range of beverages, and the baristas appear to take their craft serious, and show their competence by making their creations effortlessly. Their coffee is good and always fresh. They always ask if you want your beverage to stay or go. If it is to stay, it is served in one of their non-uniform glasses or mugs.

They do not offer much to eat that is gluten-free. I have had their breakfast sandwich without bread – which was a disappointment.

The Fillin Station is probably my Mankato coffeehouse of choice, but only until I find a coffeehouse in town that roasts their beans on-site.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The atmosphere was great, and the coffee was awesome. Loved the pre-suggested coffee drinks and lots of nice bakery options.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I am a coffee snob. I love coffee and do my own espresso at home. This place so far is the best in Mankato that I have been too. I was blown away by the quality of the latte that I had. I cannot wait to go back when i am in town next! I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm a coffee lover and frequently stop by the Fillin' Station to get my favorite drinks. I've never been disappointed by anything they've made for me, the staff is always friendly, and they usually have a quiet atmosphere where I can enjoy my drinks. The only drawback is that it can sometimes be difficult to get through line quickly, as they usually have only one employee at the shop at a time. The food is good and appears healthy but can be a bit pricey for what you get. The coffee is always perfect and as an added bonus they will let you make a punch card for free drinks. If you don't like coffee, they also have great Italian sodas and a few drink choices from a fridge. It has a comfortable, safe atmosphere and is also a great place to bring a significant other for a date. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves coffee or is just looking for a friendly social setting to enjoy non-alcoholic drinks in.

1  Thank Bear5000