“Love the atmosphere. ”

Coffee Hag
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Mankato
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Hag serves organic and fair trade coffee, teas, and espresso as well as a small menu of fresh, delicious vegetarian food. Our gallery wall features a different local artist each month and our house stage offers live entertainment from local performers on Friday and Saturday evenings. Come see and what's made The Hag a local favorite for over 20 years!
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Came down for a mini vacation from the cities, hit this place for breakfast, the quiche was good. The nordic waffles were super delish. We got the dulche de leche and the bees knees Both with almond milk. GREAT COFFEE! Well made and delicious drinks. And I am not even a coffee person normally.
This Hag sure knows their coffee!!!

Also.. loved all the local artist support!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

After reading glowing reviews, we ventured out to try their breakfast. Honestly, we were very disappointed. The coffee was the highlight. The waffles were not fresh made, but reheated. The real downturn was the “fresh” fruit. The pineapple was brown and the grapes were not firm. It tasted old. I took it up to the cashier/cook and showed her the brown, bad tasting fruit and her response was “ok.” So I just threw it in the trash. No attempt to replace it with “fresh.” There was also no music whatsoever playing. I would say it was just a good coffee stop.

Date of visit: September 2018
Anna M, Owner at Coffee Hag, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Karen,
I apologize that your experience at our shop wasn’t what we wish it could have been! I would like to explain the waffles. They are fresh! Our ingredients are all homemade as well.. we do, however, flash-heat any necessary eggs, cheese, etc. if you’re looking to eat a “savory” waffle. We do this in our Turbo Chef, similar to what you would see in a Subway restaurant if you were choosing a “toasted” sandwich. With the fruit and the music, I whole heartedly apologize. I will absolutely take that bit and turn it around so we don’t have that happen again. I’m bummed about your experience at our shop. I was sad to read this, I honestly was. I hope you know I will be addressing it with our staff and myself. We are always learning, and I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy yourself as much as I hope new people do. Take care, and thank you for trying us. I hope sometime, you would give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Nice coffee stop, has a few real breakfast items, but nothing for our gluten free family members. It’s hard to bounce all around town to get everyone fed. Like that they use locally grown and seasonal product, and my son loves that their straws are compostable to save the whales.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018

Been here the last two days. Yesterday I had the Iced Turtle Mocha togo and it was amazing. Today I went more traditional and had the house coffee "for here". I love that they had glasses while you are drinking in the shop. Great atmosphere. Stayed in the shop and did some work for about two hours.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

This place has an eclectic atmosphere and was pretty quiet on a weekday around 7 PM. The staff was friendly and patient, and the breakfast burrito was AMAZING. I was also greeted on my way out.

Date of visit: June 2018