“Nice location, good food ”

Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking
Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #19 of 168 Restaurants in Mankato
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Axel’s Bonfire of Mankato is attached to the Country Inn & Suites in Mankato. Bonfire offers amazing wood fire cooking that delivers flavors distinct to Bonfire. Excellent bar service, daily features and a child-friendly menu where children can build their own pizzas and sundaes!
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Restaurant connects with the hotel, inside is nice there are 2 fireplace where they cook food .....
The food is not bad but a little too dry because they cook on fire ...
Service is good they have a good choice beer .

Date of visit: May 2019
David A, Manager at Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your review onto our kitchen manager so they can continue to perfect how they cook over the fire. I am glad to see that you received good service and enjoyed our beer choices! We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Enjoyed my walleye tacos, thought the price was reasonable. The steak was quite pricey and I was surprised by the small amount of food on my dinner companion's plate. The food was all delicious. Staff was friendly, but not very attentive, service a little slow, but not terrible by any means.

Date of visit: May 2019

Hello SDakota Rose,

Thank you for the review. Our goal with our customers is to wow you every time and even though you seemed to enjoy your visit we failed to give you a "wow" kind of experience. We will review over your feedback with our team to help us continue to strive towards how we can bring up the level of service a few more notches!

Reviewed April 28, 2019

I ate there for a group meeting and they served a buffet with 2 kinds of meets, vegetables, potatoes, rolls and salad.
It a was all very good

Date of visit: November 2018

Hello

I am so glad to see you enjoyed your visit with us! Our Banquet team loves to place out good quality food on our buffets! We hope to see you again when you are in the area for a meeting!

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Went for the new Friday Fish Fry “all you can eat” Special. TERRIBLE . We ordered within minutes of the Special start time of 5 pm and we received fish that had been fried(at least) 45 minutes earlier and left to get soggy and cold before being served to us. We ordered “re-orders” and specifically requested it be freshly fried and we received previously fried fish that was put back in the fryer to be re-heated. I thought this place was supposed to be “up-scale”?!?! $64 tab for 3 of us. Long Johns Silvers would have been a HUGE upgrade!! Do yourself a favor and SKIP this one!!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019

My wife and I recently met another couple for pizza/flatbreads and soup for dinner at Bonfire recently. Service was quick with a knowledgable waitress. We look forward to the soups as they are made in house and excellent. This night we had their white bean chicken chili, which initially I didn't think I would like, but turned out to be superb with a little kick added.
We also had a margherita flatbread which was among the best we've had.

Date of visit: February 2019
David A, General Manager at Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear Fosschartermi

Thank you for your positive feedback! we are happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and enjoyed the food! We hope to see you again soon!