“I really love this hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Mankato
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Peter, Minnesota
“I really love this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is in awesome location, friendly staff and one of the best places, I've stayed at. Plus are cleaning lady Tiffany was wonderful housekeeper, super friendly also and very cheerful. She was very help to any of are needs.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear matettam,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! I have shared your comments with Tiffany and she was really excited to see her name mentioned in your review. She & I look forward to having you stay with us again next time you in the area.

Have a great day,

Preston Lougheed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bennekom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

From 9-14 March 2014 I stayed in the Courtyard Mankato. The hotel is nice, everything is new and the rooms are spacious. The hotel is located close to the highway and the business area of Mankato. Appr. 5 km from Mankato city center, so you need a car (as always in the USA).
The hotel has a nice, but not too big indoor pool and als a gym; everything brand new!
Wifi is OK, not really fast but at least free.
The restaurant offers a very poor selection of dishes (snacks); for a real meal you have to go outside.
At walking distance from the hotel is a large shopping mall.

What to improve:
- Initially I was given a parents+child room with a door to the adjacent room. My experience with this type of room is horrible (most times you can understand each word spoken in the other room), so I requested and got another room. My advice is to exclude this type of room when you book.
- The way the breakfast is organised is the most important point of improvement.
Each guest has to order his breakfast individually and after 5 minutes it is served. Although the hotel employees are very friendly and do their very best to serve the guests this system takes too many time. A breakfast buffet would be a major improvement. The choice of food, which is currently very limited, could also be improved in that case.
- Last but not least: Breakfast is very costly; 10-15 dollars are easily spent per day.

Conclusion: The Courtyard Mankato can become a great place for business travellers to stay.
As long as the breakfast is not improved I will select another hotel for my next trip.

Room Tip: Take a room on the parking-lot side without a door to the adjacent room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Alexander462
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Alexander462,

I just received your review and wanted to respond right away. I appreciate your comments about your stay at our hotel and myself and our entire staff appreciates the nights you stayed with us!

Marriott has 16 brands of hotels to meet the different amenity level that guest request or desire. The greater Mankato area offers two of these brands being the Courtyard and Fairfield Inn. Our sister hotel the Fairfield Inn caters to the customer who wants a complimentary breakfast with different offerings on different days of the week. Here at the Courtyard as you experienced, we offer fresh made to order breakfast including serving Starbucks coffee. At dinner time there is enough menu selections to have something different for over a week but you are correct if you looking for a full dinner like fish or steak we are happy to recommended one of our local favorites.

In regards to the pool we actually have a larger pool than most Courtyards and even bigger than the Fairfield Inn but I would agree with you it’s not as big as some would like. Our WIFI is free and from a survey we have done it is the fastest in town, if you give our hotel another opportunity to have you as our guest and you experience any problems with the WIFI please ask for a manager on duty to assist you.

The connecting room that you were first assigned to has many sound deafening features that older hotels don’t have to reduce the noise from room to room. If you would have stayed in that room I'm confident you would have not heard your neighbor. The rooms closest to the freeway also have been built to overcome any noise with more insulation, more expensive windows with a lowed decibel rating. We have only been open 1 year and 5 months and have had very few complaints from that side of the building.

I appreciate all your comments and I will share them with our entire management staff to look for areas where we can improve. Please call the hotel directly and ask for me to reserve your next night with us and I would be happy to meet and buy you for breakfast the following morning.

Thanks for your time!

Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stay at the Courtyard frequently for business, their hospitality is excellent. To the point where I had a rip in my suit pants and could not find a local tailor and the front desk personnel (Wendi) was kind enough to sew them for me. All of the personnel are more than accommodating and very friendly. New hotel, all of the rooms are clean. Perfect hotel for frequent business travel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Mr. William N,

Wendi had told me during your stay about your predicament and I was thrilled at her willingness to first try to help you find a tailor but then sewing the suit herself! I will publically thank Wendi at one of our staff meetings, at Marriott we call this the Spirit to Serve.

I appreciate your staying at our hotel and also for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.com. If you’re staying with us in the future and time permits please ask for me at the front desk as I would enjoy meeting you! Maybe the weather will be a little warmer next time you’re in town?

Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was my birthday and the room could not have been any better. I loved the warm colors of the room. The bed was very comfortable and the room warm enough. I was happy to see all the extra pillows, because I hate to call to the reception desk to ask for more. All the staff members were so friendly and helpful. I'd love to have the chance to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear, DeVonna K, thank you for your review titled “Very impressive room.”

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Courtyard by Marriott we thank you for sharing your birthday with us! If you don't get a chance through out the year maybe you can come spend the night again on your next birthday.

Thanks for your business!

Mankato
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here for a quick one night stay.

I agree with all other posts .... clean, beautiful, new, modern, and friendly hotel. You just can't go wrong staying here.

The only reason I rate it 4/5 stars is the room had a distinct, perfume/potpourri odor. I couldn't tell if it was from a previous guest or something used by housekeeping. Not a horrible smell by any means, but somewhat strong. I did not report this when I checked-in and given this hotel's stellar reputation, I'm sure they would have happily moved me to another room.

Would definitely stay here again as most other options in this area are older. Excellent value!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Mr. manktripguy,

Considering you’re a top contributor on Trip Advisor we very much appreciate your review labeled “Great Option in Mankato”!

I'm not sure what the smell was that you experienced in your room but you are right we would have been happy to find you a different one if you requested it. This is the first of this we have heard so I can only assume it was a lingering fragrance from a previous guest, for that I apologize. We do try to clean the rooms extremely well between guests and if odors are present we air out the room and/or use our own air freshener which is more like a low smell febreeze.

Upon your next visit with us if there is anything extra I can do to make you stay more enjoyable please ask for me or the manager on duty.

Safe travels,

Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Everything about this hotel met or exceeded my expectations and I look forward to visiting again in the near future! Every member of the staff that I interacted with was extremely helpful and friendly, the property as a whole is gorgeous and I was very pleased with my room. The pool and workout areas were also great...a very classy, fairly priced hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear emmonsa,

Thank you for writing your review called “Excellent overall experience...highly recommend!” Wow, we really appreciate those comments!

Myself and rest of my staff are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our hope is you will share this experience with others verbally just as you have in writing. We are Greater Mankato's newest hotel which means a lot of potential guest don't even know we exist. We are relying heavy on word of mouth and referrals from our guests.

Upon your next visit if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to ask any of our associates, the manager on duty or myself.

Stay warm!

Faribault, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had our family Christmas here at the Brand New hotel in Mankato! The staff was very well trained and all had pleasant attitudes. If we needed anything the staff was there to help us and get it for us right away, they had everything we needed and more. I was also very impressed by the Hotel Décor. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and I felt at home.They have a beautiful Event Center that we held our entire family gathering for the holidays, very great for events. Our family really enjoyed the pool, the hot tub, and the fitness center - Their equipment and facilities are very up to date and very well taken care of. They also have a huge lobby that makes you feel very welcomed, with big screen T.V's, furniture, computers, and a very fine and dine restaurant. Thank you to all the staff at The Courtyard by Marriott for making Our stay the greatest! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Val V,

Thank you for spending your family Christmas at our Hotel. At Marriott we love to be the home away for home for families around the world and we are glad you choose our hotel for your gathering. Myself and our entire staff are delighted that everything went well for you and we hope to see you the same time next year.

Happy holidays!