“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Appleton, WI
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over a weekend while visiting relatives in the area. While checking in, we were asked if we were attending the wedding that night. When we said that we weren't, we were offered a room on the third floor, away from the festivities. We never heard a sound in the hallway either night we stayed. Very pleasant staff, always greeted us when we came in. Our room was large and very clean. We will stay here again when we're in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear travellerAppletonWI.

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and give our hotel a positive review on trip Advisor, our entire staff really appreciates it!

Our Hotel is the host to many weddings parties and I think a great tip for future travelers to our hotel if you are staying with us on a weekend and not with the wedding please ask for a high floor on the end of the hallways.

Have a great holiday season and we see you next time you travel to the greater Mankato area.

Preston Lougheed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Battle Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Accommodations were nice and they were spacious. I did have someone else's dirty sock in my room. When you put your suitcase on the luggage rack in the armoire - it no longer fits in it and the leg would fall out so you can not close the door. Beautiful courtyard but too cold to use it.

Austin Schefers - who works in the Bistro- was so attentive and very customer service oriented! Thanks to him for making our stay great!

Meeting space was larger than I anticipated since this is a Courtyard property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Karolyn,

Thank you so much for staying with us at our Courtyard. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. I am so sorry about the dirty sock in the room when you checked in. I will personally make sure housekeeping is doing a more thorough job so this does not happen again. Thank you for the comments on the armoire, we are looking into how we can make that more manageable.

Austin in our Bistro has been with us for several months now and is doing a fantastic job. I am happy you were pleased with his service.
We wanted our meeting facility to be able to accommodate large groups and we are glad you were pleased with the space.

Thank you for all of your comments and again thank you for staying with us.

Kalisha Langford
Operations Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

For my Dad's 70th BDay gift we gave him a package deal for Drive A Tank which is in Kasota, MN about 20 minutes from the Courtyard Marriott in Mankato, MN where we stayed.
First off if you are traveling East on 14 from 169(we came from Minneapolis) you need to exit before you can actually see the hotel(GPS helped with this).
We arrived to a very friendly receptionist who got us checked in right away and was very helpful in telling us about the town. Additionally, the other staff including the restaurant manager came over and talked to us and helped give information about shopping and restaurants. Even the maid who we met was very talkative & friendly as we ran into her after when we got back from our excursions.
Additionally, the hotel was very clean and must have been just renovated or newly built because it definitely had a different more modern feel then other Courtyard Marriott's I have stayed in. Note however that our rooms just had showers in them & no tubs(but big showers). Not sure if they have rooms with tubs. However I think the toilets may be a low flow type as ours was clogged and really didn't drain too fast. But on the positive, when we called the front desk the guy was at our door almost right after I hung up and was able to clear the clog in maybe 5 minutes. Additionally, the on site Bistro had some good food and even supported the local craft brewery by selling their beers. And as mentioned earlier, the manager and staff were very friendly though sometimes overwhelmed with orders.
Furthermore, the it was nice sitting downstairs in the lounge area talking without feeling crowded even with the fairly large wedding party going on.
Now for the negatives, which I really hate to do to these folks since they were very nice. First off I was paying for my folks room in addition to ours and specifically asked them to not put the end of stay receipt under my parents door. I even went through this with the receptionist & told them to just put both of them under my door. Unfortunately my folks ended up with the receipt under their door. I know not a big deal put when you give a gift to someone you generally don't give them a receipt too. But of course at breakfast my Mom(who had the receipt in front of her) was fussing that we spent too much and wanted to chip in. Secondly, for some reason housekeeping did not clean my parents room. They were able to call down for more towels & coffee which was delivered super fast and I am sure they would have sent up someone to clean the room & naked the bed but my parents were fine with it. Still I have to give them a ding on that even though the maid was super friendly.
All in all we had a great stay save for a few snafus.

Green Features: Like most hotels if you hang your towels they won't wash them.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brett B,

Thank you for staying with us and bringing your parents to celebrate your dad's 70th birthday. We were glad to be part of your family’s memories. I am also delighted that you had friendly service and help from our staff.

I have looked back to the housekeeping room cleaning lists and it says that they had requested no service, I'm very sorry that their room was not cleaned. It may have been a misunderstanding with housekeeping and your parents may have intended them to come back later. I will make sure housekeeping is communicating better with our guests to prevent this from happening again.

We are a brand new build and also a LEED Certified Hotel. (Leaders in Energy & Environmental Design) We do have energy efficient toilets in all of our guest rooms and I'm sorry you had a problem with it getting clogged but am glad it was fixed right away for you.

We appreciate all of your comments as it helps us to better train our staff to become top quality associates and being able to deliver the best customer service to our guests. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Kalisha Langford
Operations Manager
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Recently stayed for just 1 night and the hotel was extremely clean and the room very comfortable. They have a nice courtyard with a fireplace where my son will have his wedding next year. Glad they chose this location

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
"Super Nice"

Thank you for your kind remarks you shared with Trip Advisor and its visitors, myself and the entire Courtyard staff thank you for your business and look forward to hosting your son’s wedding next year. Hope 2013 ends off well for you!

Kind regards,

Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Rachael and her team did a great job hosting our business meeting. This is the second meeting we have held here recently and all did a great job taking care of our needs. They exceeded our expectations. I highly reccommend this hotel for meetings and sleeping rooms. Great job by Rachael and her staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear mark n,

Thank you so much for holding your meeting and dinner here! It was such a pleasure working with you and your team! It is so nice to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your meeting and dinner. Once again thank you so much and please let us know if there are future meetings you would like to hold here.

Rachel Mattison
Sales & Events Manager
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I live out of state and recently traveled to this facility to be not only a guest, but the DJ for her wedding. I must say, this venue is a MUST CHECK OUT for anyone planning an event. The hotel is immaculate. New rooms, comfortable lobby, etc. But the event center is top notch. From the built in audio/video infrastructure, the event staff, useable courtyard and even a decor that is very modern (far away from your grandmas couch) you will leave going "WOW".

Room Tip: I was on the ground level, and never heard a thing! (including the pool a hallway down)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
TikiManEntertainment,

I must say this is a first to have a DJ take the time to write a review about a Hotel or venue they performed at. I have looked all over Trip Advisor and I couldn't find another review like this - Thank you very much.

Our hotel just turned one year old on October 3rd and our entire staff is trying to keep the hotel looking like it did the day it opened. We frequently have guest check in and tell us that the hotel looks and smells like it opened yesterday.

We did put a lot of time and effort into designing and decorating our Event Center and its gives us great pride in hearing your comments!

Rock on DJ...

Hamilton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We loved this hotel. Very new and updated decor. great location, next to River Hills Mall. The rooms were spacious and bathroom roomy with a wonderful shower. Beds were comfortable and we had no problems sleeping. We used the lobby for an informal gathering of relatives and felt like we were at home. The staff was very accommodating. We will never stay any where else when visiting Mankato.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kai1970,

I appreciate your business and we are very pleased you "Loved this Hotel"!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor and we look forward to having you as our guest when you travel to the area again.

Travel Brilliantly!