“Good Location, Friendly staff.”
Review of Courtyard Mankato

Courtyard Mankato
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ham Lake, Minnesota
“Good Location, Friendly staff.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ended up staying in Mankato after a concert. We arrived later in the evening, fronk desk staff was very friendly and welcoming as we checked in.
Our room was on the third floor towards the end of the hallway (away from elevator.) Room was nice, had fridge, microwave, small couch which was very comfortable, and quickly cooled down. Bathroom was very roomy with a nice glass shower. Bed was okay, a little hard for us, but we are picky.
This was just a quick trip for us so we didn't check out the pool or restaurant. Location seems to be great, plus it's next to the mall (Although we didn't get a chance to check that out on this trip.)
We will definately stay again on future trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear jewls74,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel online with other visitors that use Trip Advisor and thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear everything went well during your stay, our beds are brand new so they are a little firmer than most hotels.

Our Bistro which is our in house restaurant is very delicious and affordable so I would recommend giving that a try next time you stay with us. If you are a coffee drinker we do Proudly Serve Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day.

Travel safe and thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott!

Preston Lougheed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed July 19, 2013

First time using this location for a company event and it was impressive. Event coordinator Rachel was great to work with, and everything exceeded our expectations. Everything was set up and ready for our arrival, the itinerary was followed to meet our needs, food was great and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely use this event center in the future and I highly recommend this location for your business events.

Mr. Tom G.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our Hotel & Event Center. I'm pleased you found our facility and our service impressive, Rachel does take great pride in her work and I will thank her personally for taking care of your event.

Thank you!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just stayed with my son at this hotel on a visit to the U. My complements to Preston and his team at making us feel welcome and most comfortable. One of the most friendly and accommodating group of employees I have run into in my travels. The rooms are brand new, clean and very nicely appointed. Conveniently located near the mall for a little shopping during our visit. The breakfast was delicious and easy. Priced right and well above the other standards in Mankato. Definitely worth the checking out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear rc3

One of Greater Mankato biggest attractions is that we are home to Minnesota State University and we lucky enough to be only 5 short miles away, but yet conveniently located near many restaurants and are within walking distance to River Hills Mall.

Our hotel has been open for only 9 months so we are still a secret too many so thank you for helping us get the word out! I was also glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and that you felt our staff was one of the most friendly and accommodating groups of employees you've encountered while traveling.

Myself and our entire team look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The fantastic meeting rooms, the friendly (and very helpful) staff, the variety of great food options and close parking are only a few of the accommodations that make hosting the weekly Rotary meeting at the Courtyard by Marriott so easy. However, the fresh cookies are my favorite!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tami R,

In the hotel business we say its the business of a thousand details, so I agree with you the little things matter! We are so appreciative of hosting Greater Mankato Rotary meeting and look forward to doing so for the forseeable future. I will pass on the Chef how well his cookies are liked!

Have a great day and try to stay cool,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I came here for a meeting. The food was excellent (pastries and fruit for breakfast) with coffee, soda and bottled water throughout the day. The lunch buffet (sub sandwiches with all of the fixings, salads and extra tasty soup) was more than enough. We were able to eat outside on the patio, even though it was windy. Our drinks were always fresh and every staff had a smile. When I brought to our waitress' attention that we very much were enjoying everything and thanked her for being very attentive, she was humble about it and again, was not afraid to smile. I have recommended to my manager that we hold future meetings here. Very professional hotel.

Mr. Kevin M,

Your comments made me smile, and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our meeting facilities and the food and beverage that we served.

Our staff makes our customers our number # 1 priority and I can honestly say all of our associates enjoy working here and have what Marriott calls the Spirit to Serve.

Thanks for your business!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Tis hotel is clean, comfortable, quiet and all just a nice place to stay generally. We're in town for a family function, and this was a great place to relax. The beds and linings were very comfortable, and e air conditioning system was just right. Other places we've stayed in Mankato, haven't been up to e same quality level as this hotel. Rooms and bathrooms a big and functional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard Mankato, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mr. TrevorNYC_11

I appreciate the review you were so nice to write on Trip Advisor!

I am pleased you found our hotel of high quality and you were able to relax while staying with us We do take great pride in our beds presentation and upkeep because ultimately it is a very important factor for travelers when staying at a hotel, getting sleep. I agree with you I love air conditioning and what we do is keep our filters extremely clean so you get clean, fresh air every time you check into our hotel.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Courtyard by Marriott
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've always thought of these "type" of hotels to kind of be all the same. To some extent that's right, but there are some aspects that make a difference. This hotel is one of those. The rooms are quite comfortable, reminding me more of a hilton level. That was a nice surprise, though nothing to put it over the top. What made the most difference for me was the real friendliness of the staff members. From the front desk to the patio/bar area, the folks seemed genuinely eager to please and quite friendly. Almost took me off guard actually.

Overall very pleasant simple stay. There was even a wedding during our stay, but barely noticed it. One word of warning is there's no free continental breakfast or anything, so be prepared to pay a bit for morning food.

Room Tip: we were fairly near the elevator (3rd floor), but still quiet and very convenient. Elevator a bit s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. C,

I have read your review of our hotel and was excited that a guest who travels often found our staff to be very friendly, this is what we call the Spirit to Serve. We appreciate our guest whether here for business, a tournament a wedding etc. because without our guest we would not have the jobs we do. Marriott brands of hotels have many concepts and at Courtyard we offer made to order breakfast the way you like it hot fresh and delivered to your table. If you were not aware you can order anything as little as a side of toast, banana or an entire breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. Please introduce yourself the next time you stay with us and I would love to have you try the Sunrise Starter for breakfast which is my favorite on the house.

Thanks for your business and we hope to have you as our guest in the near future!