“BOWLING AND FUN”

Wow Zone
Ranked #58 of 147 Restaurants in Mankato
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 12, 2012

It is a great place to spend a winter afternoon, With laser tag, Bowling, and minigolf.(arcade too.). It is a great place to have fun btu kinda pricey if you want to do things over and over again. I forgot to mention that there is also a sports bar to watch great games. (long wait for food and drinks.).

There are newer reviews for Wow Zone

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have ate here at least monthly for the past year. It is located across the street from the Holiday Inn Express in Mankato and is an easy walk. This is one of those "family fun" type centers that inludes a bowling alley, mini golf course, large arcade, family type restaurant, and a pub/restaurant. The facilities are well kept, and it is a great looking establishment.

The food offerings attempt to be casual, done best. The specialty pizza's are hit and miss, from ordinary to bad (toppings to big, too little, or forgot). Building your own pizza is better, and I would give it an above average grade. Appetizers are average at best. They have nightly dinner specials that are the same weekly. Instead of creating something exciting and special to offer they seem to rather hit a low price. Low price almost always equals low quality. The only thing I found over time to be done great would be the NY Strip steak. The menu boasts that it is hand cut, and when ordered in the past I believe it was, and cooked to perfection (medium rare as ordered). The last time I was there I ordered the steak medium rare as in the past. What I recieved looked and even smelled bad. I sliced into it, took a bite, and realized that this is left over Prime Rib from their Friday night special that had been seasoned and reheated under the broiler. I had their Friday night Prime Rib special a couple months earlier and it was not even that great then. I ate my entire baked potato before the server came back to check on me. He asked me how the steak was and I shared with him what his chef had prepared for me. He took the plate back to the kitchen and apologized (he was not really knowledgeable about steaks). About 4 minutes later a really young looking chef/cook came out into the pub area, spoke to the server, looked at me and went back to what I presume is the kitchen. I placed my credit card on the table, to take care of what I thought would be my drinks. The server ran my card and returned with the bill acting uncertain. He was uncertain because they actually charged me for the steak as well as my drinks.

Bowling, games, drinks, pizza maybe?????????? Just dont order the food. You can tell that due to slow business they have really tried to save money by downgrading payroll. This is a dangerous business model to follow, and I expect someone will have to get seriously ill before someone "gets it".

Been to Wow Zone? Share your experiences!