Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant! Great staff, humorous and professional! Also, the restaurant attached to the hotel was great. We were happy we did not have to drive far for a really nice dinner! We will stay again when in the area! All of our needs were met and exceeded!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
LOsborne, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

JerseyCora82,

Wow, you traveled a far distance to visit the Mankato Area and we are so pleased that you chose our location to stay at! We are happy to see that our staff was great, humorous and professional. That is our way of making sure that you can “Be Our Guest” while staying with us! Bonfire is an excellent restaurant and we are glad that you were able to enjoy a nice dinner without traveling too far out of the way!

We look forward to seeing you when you travels bring you back to Mankato!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was so happy with our experience at Country Inn and Suites. Their staff was excellent to work with and their attention to detail was very much appreciated! Many of our guests commented on the excellent food and the courteous staff. I would highly recommend Country Inn to anyone planning a wedding or banquet event.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

LLJ2013,

We are pleased to see that you and your guests were able to have a great stay with us and enjoy the wedding reception that you attended. Our staff wants everyone to feel at home and “Be Our Guest” while with us and from what you wrote, they hit that right on the nose! From the excellent food to the courteous associates, we look forward to many more weddings and banquets at our location, and hope you can send them our way!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently had my wedding reception at County Inn and Suites and the staff was incredibly helpful! Linda, the general manager, was a pleasure to work with and was very professional, offered great tips and recommendations, and totally put my mind at ease about the whole stressful wedding process. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us and make us feel welcomed. The space turned out just beautiful and all of my guets LOVED the food they have with Axel's Bonfire! The only glitch we had was that our wedding cake order was somehow mixed up with another bakery and we didn't get enough cake. Even though this wasn't the hotel's fault, they went above and beyond expectations, managed to find another sheet cake for me thereby saving my top tier for one year later.

If anyone is considering booking a wedding here, I wouldn't hesitate! I would do it all again with them in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
LOsborne, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

A J –

Thank you so much for letting us know that we were able to make sure your special day was one to remember. Linda, our General Manager, sure does know how to handle stressful situations very professionally and put your mind at ease. This flows downward to all the staff at, not only the Country Inn & Suites, but also at Bonfire, as we truly want you to “Be Our Guest.”

We are very pleased that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations with the little snafu that happened with your cake. Being able to save the top tier is something that all wedding couples should be able to do and we are glad we could make this possible for you!

Congratulations from all of us at the Country Inn & Suites!

Wishing you many years of joy and happiness,

Management & Associates of the Country Inn & Suites
Tim Jahner – Guest Service Manger

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a 5 is that the quilt on top of the bed was heavy and bulky and the only blanket available over the sheet. The result for me was that I was either too hot with it on, or I was chilled with just the sheet. There was no lighter weight cotton blanket available for us in-betweeners. Additionally, I prefer NOT using the bed covering as a blanket, because I'm sure this piece of bedding (which doesn't have a duvet) does not get laundered when the rooms are turned around.

Room Tip: I would ask for a light weight blanket for use instead of the heavy weighted quilt/bed cover.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LOsborne, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Roamingjoan_AV,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issue that you experienced while staying with us. We want everyone to “Be Our Guest” and feel our location is their home away from home and comments such as yours, gives us the chance to correct what we might not see. The next time you are staying with us in Mankato, we invite you to stop down by the desk and request a lighter blanket, as we want you to be able to get the rest that you need. We will also make sure that the powers to be are fully aware of your comments.

We thank you again for letting us know and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Mankato!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My son and I stayed here while making a college visit. Normally I like to stay at Courtyards but we could not get a room. Country inn was great we had a double queen room. Our room was very clean and the bathroom was large with extra towels. Our room was quiet ..the breaks feat was a big surprise very nice and lots of choices..the oatmeal was very good!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
LOsborne, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

cstoutMN,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you gave us a shot and we were able to not only meet, but exceed your expectations while visiting Mankato State University and the Mankato Area!

Our staff prides themselves on preaching our “Be Our Guest” atmosphere to make sure each and every guest feels at home. We can see that you noticed our housekeeping staff takes pride in keeping our guest rooms and bathrooms cleaned, as well as you were able to enjoy the extra towels we provide for our guests.

We are also happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our hot “Be Our Guest” breakfast while you were staying with us. We want to make sure that each and every guest is able to leave on a full stomach and that is why we provide the extras like oatmeal, yogurt bar, waffle bar and other little extras.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Mankato Area to visit your son at Mankato State University, should he choose to attend!

Happy Travels!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have special dietary needs, so I was nervous to attend a wedding dinner held at and catered by the hotel. The bride helped me contact the staff to ask about the menu and determine what I could eat, and I was told that the chef would make me my own plate! I was even brought my own salad dressing and dessert.
My family and I received the same level of service in the rest of our stay. My 2 Year-old didn't want to leave this place of hot tub, fresh baked cookies, sausage and juice (at breakfast). He wanted to "stay in the hotel bed forever."

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
LOsborne, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mankato Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

kathrinica,

Special needs can sometimes be tricky to accommodate, but we are so pleased that we were able to. Bonfire’s chefs are so caring and we are happy to see that they made that extra effort to provide you with your own salad dressing and dessert. That truly is service above none, which you should expect.

We are also very pleased to see that the service you received from Bonfire spilled over to the hotel side. Our entire staff takes pride in making sure each and every guest feels at home, by preaching our “Be Our Guest” atmosphere. We are happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our hot tub and complimentary breakfast, along with our freshly baked cookies in the lobby.

We truly look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Mankato Area!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic! The food was very good. The staff was very friendly. It has a nice indoor pool and hot tub. I really enjoyed the fitness center. Great location, very close to grocery store and what not :) plenty of parking :) fresh baked cookies everyday :) not 1 bad thing to say!

• Stayed: August 2013

BFammy,

Fantastic Hotel you say? Why thank you! We are very glad to see that you were able to enjoy your stay with us, including the pool, hot tub and our fitness center. Our location is excellent, even after though we are off the beaten path, we are still very close to the HyVee Grocery store and mall area.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to the Mankato Area, as we will have the fresh cookies waiting for you in the lobby.