“Great price for the food”
Review of Pappageorge

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is definitely a hidden gem of Mankato. On the outside it doesn’t look like much but the inside is very nice. It’s great for a nicer dinner with the family or date night. The calamari appetizer was amazing and all the food was great. We loved our waitress there too!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed December 11, 2018

Fish was very small and under done. I had to cook it in my oven at home for an additional 10 minutes before it was even edible. The fries were quite good, but they only gave me a scant amount. Extremely expensive for what I received.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Our table was right next to the men's bathroom. Medium well steak was badly charred and dry. For the price you'd think it would be cooked correctly.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a small, local favorite restaurant, look no further. We have loved every Pappageorge visit we have had (and I have lost count of how many visits.) The food is wonderful and the service is great. We have gone here on a regular Friday night for supper, weekday lunch, and a special occasion dinner. The menu ranges from $10 sandwiches to $50+ steak and shrimp plates. Our most recent visit I had the Turkey, Cucumber, and Swiss sandwich. It sounds simple but it was so refreshing on a hot summer day and the aioli was tasty. My husband had the mushroom ravioli which we also enjoyed. It is a small place though, expect it to be full on a weekend night. They do take reservations.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I sat at the bar since I was having dinner solo. I had the steak, which was cooked perfectly. Chris, the bartender was great! I asked for a box for my leftovers, he took my plate & came back an a beautiful swan! It was so cool!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank 706elizabethv

Been to Pappageorge? Share your experiences!