“My favorite in Mankato”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I live in this area & this is my favorite restaurant in Mankato. Whatever I order here has always been wonderful. Usually I tend to order the seafood, but my husband sometimes chooses other options, always good food.

This being said, the service here has taken a decline in the past year or so unfortunately. We eat here maybe every couple months. The last time we ate here we waited over an hour for our appetizer (which was some type of nachos)! My friend finally got her salad served with her entree (1 1/2 hours after it was ordered). They did end up giving us the nachos for free, but really the service was downright terrible! The manager did come over & appologize at the end of our meal, but it was very disappointing.

My advice would be if you have some time & are a patient person go ahead & try the place. The atmosphere is great & so is the food. Hopefully they will get the service issue figured out again soon.

Oh, one other thing. They have "terrific" bloody mary's. It's like a meal in itself, but they are great! Probably the best bloody mary I've had.

1  Thank rachelj5

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I would say it is a nice atmosphere the prices are far to great for the quality of food and service but at the food wasnt bad the lack of service is its biggest downfall

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I cannot get over how good the Swordfish was at Number 4. We visited on a Monday night and had a great meal. My only small complaint was slow service at the beginning of our visit. Our server was training another and we waited about 10 minutes to get our wine after ordering. All in all, a great visit with amazing food.

1  Thank MrsTraveler22
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited this restaurant last Saturday, and I've got say I'm impressed and surprised. Last time I seen this space, it was a lamp or lighting store. Anyhow, very good food and nice wine list...the interior and atmosphere is very beautiful as well. This definitely a place to take a "date" or have a romantic outing.

1  Thank smart_female
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My father in law and I have been into number 4 multiple times and usually sit at the bar. Its nice to have a bartender able to assist you at all times. We had a really great time on a cold friday night and decided to come in for breakfast the next morning. The bloody mary breakfast is a great option on a budget. I recommend it to anyone who wants a five star meal at a three star price

1  Thank minneapolisguru