“OVER THE TOP”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Scandia, MN
“OVER THE TOP”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We dined at this restaurant twice during our two-day stay. It was FABULOUS on many levels. Management was very involved to see that patrons were satisfied, the servers were wonderful, and the food, well, more than spectacular!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Thomas_RScandia_MN

Minnesota
“Nice place to eat and drink!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Mankato Bar Restaurant bar has been raised. It is the nicest place in Mankato for a dinner drink night out in my opinion. Is it five star “no” Mankato does not have a five star anything but a very nice place to go out and dine. If you find a better place tell us all I try that also but I’ll be back to #4.

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank rmitch27
Centreville, Virginia
“Recommended”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Eggplant tower was a yummy appetizer. Good variety of interesting small plates, sandwiches and entrees. Save room for dessert!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Christine W
Galesburg, Illinois
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I ate here last week, and were both very happy with our meals and the service. She had the Crab Ravioli, and got a different seafood dish and both were excellent.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank kkurt23
Minnesota
“My worst customer service experience EVER and bad food to boot!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just got done trying to eat a breakfast at #4, aunt's choice and didn't argue (I already stay away in the evening, due to hit or miss food quality and slowest service in Mankato). Eight of us were here this morning, two breakfasts were good to tasting fine, the rest were horrible. The biscuits and gravy did not even look edible and tasted worse and were actually COLD, the eggs looked horrid but were okay, the toast was way over toasted like croutons, and the american fries were deep fried in a deep frier like tater tots. We let server know food was horrible, even gave her specifics about the buscuits being dry, gravy terrible, couldn't even eat it, eggs were cold, and all plates were half full at this point (we had eaten all we possibly could), which was about 30 minutes after we got the food and the first time checked on, so we really hadn't had the opportunity to say anything when the food first came (this is the normal service here, as above) Now it was time for #4 to either make it right or not, AND the server decided to apologize by saying "I am sorry YOU didn't like it" basicially and as she was walking away rolled her eyes, which was not meant to be seen. I thought for sure she went to get a manager or someone to come and make things right, but nope. She went to get the bills for the table, as if none of this had ever happened. I already stayed away at night, but after today, I will NEVER go back to a restaurant that treats people like this and will be sure to tell of my experience

• Visited July 2012