All reviews foot ceilings pool area hot tub king room newer hotel restaurants and shopping clean rooms family weekend in town housekeeping staff fitness center great hotel would definitely stay here again the breakfast area pillows wake couch
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2019

My stay during February 2019 included a pre-trip email with the hotel's manager, Mr. Burke. He was helpful, professional, and very responsive to my questions and request. I highly recommend staying at this hotel as you will be well taken care of.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jet19812605699, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mankato East, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2019

Dear Tricia,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We agree that Gerry who is our General Manager, does take great care of our guests! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Living on the road is tough already....
I just had to get a room, to get out of the truck to stretch out.....
Nice room... good Location.... Comfortable...
Location is good, but kind of confusing to find the entrance into the parking lot, but after going around the block, I spotted it... very tight parking lot. The Hotel Front desk lady was nice. She was very helpful as she answered my questions and cleared up the confusion....
But all in all, I would stay here again.....

Trip type: Traveled on business
BrandHotelsMankato, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mankato East, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Ashley B.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your stay, we are pleased your stay was very good! We hope you come back again soon and we will provide you with great service! Just to share with you if you become or already are an IHG Reward Member you may ask for a special rate! Take care and thank you again!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Located outside the town but close to shopping mall and restaurants.
Very friendly staff, free breakfast, perfect room.
Ample parking, very quiet environment, pleasant lobby with high ceiling, breakfast opened 45 minutes earlier.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
BrandHotelsMankato, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mankato East, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear Karel V,

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our property and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your business and I would like to share with you a special rate program only offered to our loyal IHG Reward Club Members! If you are not a member please contact a front desk representative and have them sign you up. It is as easy as one click of a button! We can;t wait to see you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I typically stay in suites and have seen many good, and a few that were really disappointing. I like suites because I typically wake up at 4:00am and my wife usually doesn't wake up until around 8:00. This gives me 4 HOURS of extra time to read, watch movies, watch TV, catch up on the news, and work on my computer.

The King Suite at the Holiday Inn in Mankato was HUGE! It had tons of space, 10 foot ceilings, and a door that closed separating the bedroom from the living room. I was extremely impressed with the spaciousness of their suite. HOWEVER, I probably would NOT stay in this room again because the 2 sliding doors to the bedroom HAD GLASS! Therefore, I could NOT turn on the TV or turn on a lamp to read a book because the light would wake up my wife. What is the purpose of PAYING MORE for a separate bedroom if you can't have it dark?

If you don't need a separated bedroom, I would highly recommend this suite. However, if you are like me and desire the bedroom to be dark and private, you should choose somewhere else to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BrandHotelsMankato, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mankato East, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your kind 9/10 review as well as the loyalty as an IHG Club Reward Member! I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.

I apologize the suite doors were not accommodating to your needs and that the light woke up your wife. That is something I have never realized and I am thankful to you for sharing that with me. It is something we should consider when guests are booking that room type. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly staff and our property and did overall have a pleasant stay.

Here at The Holiday Inn Express we take great pride in providing the great level of service you can expect from an IHG hotel. Thank for you valuable feedback and choosing to stay with us!

We look forward to your next visit!

thustad@hiexmankato.com

Reviewed August 20, 2018

This place is a great place to stay. Love the hospitality and willingness to get anything the customer needs. Love the thick towels for the bathrooms. Get the suite, it is very nice. Continental breakfast is the normal stuff.

Date of stay: November 2017
BrandHotelsMankato, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mankato East, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Flaps23,

Thank you for the 4/5 review rating! We love to read the feedback, it helps guide us to maintain the level of service we aim to deliver to our guests. We are happy you enjoyed the suite, our thick bath towels and best of all our hospitality. We hope to see you back again soon.