“Average”

Ranked #12 of 165 Restaurants in Mankato
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Good service, average food. Chicken wild rice soup good. Ribs average. Wood fire roasted chicken good. Sweet potato fries were cold and not cooked-still partially raw.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Went with a friend. Clean. Nice staff. Rustic decor. I had the Bear Creek pasta and my friend a burger. The flavors were good. Ate a lunch sized serving of the pasta and was full. 30 min later I fully regret the pasta. Spent 3 hours mostly in the bathroom. When I told family/friends about it 5 other people reported the same stomach problems after eating the bear creek pasta. We've now renamed this entree Sh!% Creek pasta.
To be fair no other menu item seems to have this affect on anyone. Just avoid the pasta.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank tandbi
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

8 of us went there last night. Service was good. Bar selection was good. Disappointed with the fewer choices of food compared to the last time. Small portions for the prices. Person sitting next to me should have had a smaller plate so it looked like more.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We were in Mankato for business and decided to stop here for dinner. I signed up for their e-club earlier in the day and was rewarded shortly thereafter with an email coupon for a free appetizer. I love free things so we decided on getting some wings. Our wing appetizer included 1/2 sweet and spicy chili and 1/2 bourbon molasses. WOW!! Both had great flavor and the wings were crispy. We were off to a great start. I then ordered chicken fajitas and my husband got the baby back ribs and wood fired chicken. We were pleased with all items. The only downside is that once you step inside Grizzly's, you are hit with a smell that is not pleasing at all. It reminded me of our barn when I was a kid growing up in the country. Not sure why but it was just as you came in the door. Once we were seated in back, we couldn't smell it. Nicole was our server and she was great all around. I love good customer service!! We will be back if ever in Mankato again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Will never go back! Came in for dinner. Ordered a bar drink and glass of wine for my wife. Got carded. Both of us are in our mid/late 40’s… Wife had no ID, only her cell phone. Waiter refused to serve her. I showed my ID, still refused to serve my wife. My wife is absolutely beautiful but cannot pass for under 21 by any means. We even showed the manager a digital version of her ID stored on her phone, still refused. Canceled our order and left, will never go back. Their right to have this rule, our right to go somewhere managers have some common sense and treat their customers with some basic dignity.

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank RMNornes

Been to Grizzly's? Share your experiences!