Shooting Star Casino & Hotel
$85
$122
Best Western Plus Holland House(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$125
$115
BestWestern.com
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Detroit Lakes(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$106
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Lakes(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$107
Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes - Lakefront(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$120
Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$160
Budget Host Inn(Detroit Lakes)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthick towelsluggage cartmain buildingroom was clean and comfortablemicrowave and fridgeplayers cardpool and hot tubminnesota
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went to Shooting Star for our anniversary and couldnt have had a better time. The room was clean and beds so comfortable. Food great and we did stay 2 nights and will go back soon.We left and went on to North Dakota for a few more days.

Room Tip: Ask to upgrade your room it is lovely. and close to casino. We were checked in by very courteous person and the cashier was just a happy smily person and even remembered us the second day when we went to see her again.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roberta K
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had my sons wedding reception here. Check in to the hotel was a nightmare, spent three nights here and reserved a total of six rooms. First night they won't let me pay for only one night at a time. Because I had reserved the room for Thursday and Friday. (I wanted to use a different credit card each night to use up reward points I had accumulated). She didn't ask how to do this, she just ignored our request and proceeded to charge us for two nights . For Friday, I had reserved two separate rooms, they called us at 7 am Saturday to ask us if we had reserved two rooms and who was in the other room, because they didn't have a name on it, we put a name on it at check in, they had checked someone else into the room and the door was locked. Had also, reserved three rooms for Sat. night and gave her my charge number, when each person went to check in they said we didn't pay for it. So I had to go out during the wedding reception to check people in. The check in staff are not trained and one of the other staff said this is where they put their starters. Sorry this doesn't do much for your hotel pr because not one of them seem to care or even try to take care of the issues. Spent three nights here, at 8:00 each night smoke would drift into our non smoking room, not sure from where. Room was not clean, hair on bathroom fixtures, dust build up on around the radiators. Rooms need a remodel badly. Reception room however was clean and had good service.

Room Tip: We spent one night in a casino suite, it was cleaner and didn't smell the smoke like in the Stardust room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank perkiegirl
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well I was very excited to be going on a girls weekend getaway! We ended up going on a "bus tour" all women to Shooting Star Casino. For the price of the weekend it was great. However, the casino was a huge disappointment, they need better ventilation systems. It was so smokey. My friend and I stunk like cigargette smoke, it was so gross!
The buffet was terrible! Don't waste your time. The restaurant was fine, had decent food. We had our brunch at the main restaurant. Dinner consisted of pizza at the 24hr/deli. It did the trick after haivng been drinking for most of the evening. Drinks are ridiculously expensive, but are strong, so if it only takes a couple of drinks to get you going then its fine.
Yup, overall we decided that we would make our own girls weekend geataway. I would never step foot into the Shooting Start Casino ever again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Anna M
Reviewed September 10, 2012

other reviews below are right on the money! walls are paper thin, food is horrible, rooms are often dirty and reek of smoke, beds need to be replaces and staff could care less. my guess would be that the staff are not in a position to change anything and are just sick of listening to all the complaints. don't know of anyone who would give this place a good review. it was nice - 20 years ago.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank s e k
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 20 yrs. And it is getting worse by the day.
First they have forgotten who helped get them 2 b as big as they are. THAT IS U AND ME. First the food is way way over priced for what u get on ur plate. Alot of times u can count how many fries u get on one hand with ur order. A number of times the burger is not cooked threw. pulled pork is sour the toast is dry and hard. THE LAST TIME I WAS THERE THE FISH WAS BURNT . They charged 25.00 for 2 breakies . and that was for 2 eggs a very small amount of hash browns and three bacon ,hard toast and coffee. yet u can go 2 the buffet anD eat for 20.oo go figure. better and cheaper food at the gas station down the rd. this joint is a long way from being a high end hotel but they sure charge like one. as for the rms they have needed new pillowas 4 yrs. they charge extra for queen beds but every where i have been in my yrs of travel they are double beds not queen. i own a qeen and boy theres is way off base. again go figure there regular bed and queen r the same whats with that. oh ya dont even try and complain . other people and freinds have tried that. all they do is plug there ears. or as my doughter would say sutto listing There is a pink stain on the rug at the end of the cross walk over to the stardust suits it has been there 4 at least 3 yrs . im not even going to get started on the so called star dust suits. thats it 4 now read me again some where the 6wheel cridic

Room Tip: If u are in a wheel chair you will pay more because there handi capped rms r on the main fl in the main blg. and they charge more for that. if u can take a king rm that will give u more rm but still now wheelchair acc. so u r still screwed and again have to pay more just because you are in a wheelchair
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family