“An amazing honeymoon!”

Myconian Villa Collection
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Elia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I never wanted to check out of this hotel. It was absolutely gorgeous and the perfect way to relax in luxury. From the moment we arrived, we couldn't stop smiling. After we were greeted we were given cold towels, drinks and given a tour. We were blown away by the pool area - it's the sexiest pool ever. The music they played there was a perfect mix of soothing, low- key and relaxing while still being fun. There was always plenty of seats which were incredibly comfortable and you could always find some in the sun or shade. The service was fantastic and truly felt 5 star. The touch that blew me away was when they offered to clean our sunglasses and mist our faces with a refreshing spray. Drinks and food by the pool and at the hotel in general are very expensive but the quality was fantastic and they have a gourmet, unique selection. I had some of the best drinks I've ever tasted and the bartender was great . The whole experience is very similar to that of a W Hotel, but I liked this even better. However, nothing was complimentary except for a piece of fruit maybe once a day. They should stop advertising "Iced tea, fruit assortments, mini-sorbet sticks" as part of the rate when you book through their website. There were never any drinks offered and a small glass of Iced Tea was 5 Euro.
The negative part that we experienced was when we checked in to room 650. It was described as an "Elegant Villa Guestroom with Private Pool." While there was nothing necessarily bad about it, it was just incredibly underwhelming. It did not feel like a honeymoon retreat that we had travelled 5,000 miles for. The two twin beds pushed together, small bathroom and the odd location (behind the breakfast area) took the romance away. Plus, Mykonos was much cooler in temperature than we expected (it's windy!) so we never wanted to use the private pool, especially since the main pool was so incredible. Also, there was no sun or lounger chair on the balcony so jumping in to the very deep pool just felt cold and awkward. On our second day we asked to be moved to a room with a jacuzzi instead. What an incredible difference and we finally had the honeymoon experience we were looking for! Room 740 had a regular king bed, much more space and two balconies with incredible views. The jacuzzi became the best part of our trip. We were able to control the temperature so during the day we kept in cool but at night we could make it wonderfully hot which is necessary since nights in Mykonos can be windy and cool. Then we could wear the super plush and soft robes and slippers they provided. Not only were the towels and sheets all soft, luxurious and clean but they even had a wonderful smell like almonds or something.
Our new room and the pool area made us never even want to leave the hotel but Mykonos is an incredible place so we did a lot of exploring as well. We never bothered to take the shuttle to the beach. Instead we found a path leading to the Imperial so we would cut through there to walk down to the beach or catch the buses going to town. First - the beach. Wow! It's gorgeous. The Myconian provides a private section with very nice cushioned lounge chairs that were very comfortable. We would always walk to the end where we could find empty chairs and a quite spot. The sand is a bit rocky but the water is crystal clear, clean and beautiful. The drink selection is very limited on the beach but we went up to the Imperial's swim-up pool bar when we wanted a drink and had a very nice time there. There are also two other places to eat on Elia beach too.
Second- the shuttle to town. The buses only run a few times a day and can get very crowded but overall it's a good experience. The hotel is very far from town. However, we never minded that at all since I really do believe that the hotel has the most beautiful location on the island. The ride is about 25 minutes along winding but scenic roads. A trip to town is a great experience and that's where you can find authenic Greek food. All of Mykonos is built on hills, cliffs and small winding streets so there's a lot of walking required in both the hotel and the town so you need to be decently fit.
The downside is that the last shuttle is at 1am. Being a young couple, we did want to check out the famous party scene but it's quite far from the hotel. This was fine for us, since we only wanted to visit once but if the purpose of your trip is to party, it would be difficult to travel back to hotel without a car. We took the shuttle to town and ended up taking a private taxi to Paradise Beach. The hotel had given us lots of information including a taxi driver's number to call when we needed to get picked up (there's only 30 taxis on the island and many do not want to travel to Elia beach so we needed to be prepared).
Breakfast was worth getting up for each morning, even after a night of partying until 5am. They made the most delicious iced lattes and I loved the sunny side up eggs on toast, greek yogurt with toppings and cheese pies. The harpist was a nice touch and looking out at the view while eating is just blissful. I found the service to be excellent and all the staff to be attentive and caring. The only thing that ruined breakfast was crying babies. I really wish that this was an adults-only hotel. It's so stylish, sexy and modern that it's the perfect spot for couples looking for romance. That romance is ruined when parents are not minding their poorly behaved children.
We never used the spa so I can not comment on the service but it was too beautiful outside to want to spend any time inside. We also ate at their restaurant and found the service to be great and we really enjoyed the food and wine. I loved all the little artistic touches all over the hotel and we even met the designer.
Overall, this was probably the best hotel experience I've ever had. I very highly recommend staying here and would definitely stay with them again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
myconiancollection, General Manager at Myconian Villa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear kberrynyc,

Thank for taking the time to write this review of your stay at our resort. Your kind comments are deeply appreciated and we are pleased that you enjoyed so much your holidays with us. Please be assured that the areas of improvement that you highlighted are taken on board.
We are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hello!

My husband and I spent one week in this fantastic boutique hotel! This was my first time in Myconos and I loved it. Overall everything was great. The hotel opened its doors last summer. So all is new; white minimalist rooms, nice reception, breakfast room, dining room (and terrace), swimming pool area/terrace are very nicely decorated. I corresponded with the reservations manager and asked for a top floor room and upon arrival they gave us the highest possible room! When we were lying in our bed we had incredible views. Our big terrace had a table and chairs and two huge sun beds.

Small details which could be improved: we found that the breakfast was repetitive and the choice quite limited for a hotel of this class. One construction fault: the bathrooms are open plan. We had a huge bathroom, so it was not so disturbing. The toilet door should be completely closed from bottom to top (gap on top). I like a minimum of privacy...
The washing basins are too low - they should be at least 10-15 cm higher.
Also the gym equipment could be improved; they should add a Swiss ball and a few mats if you want to do some exercises.

The service is exceptional; this is perhaps a characteristic of the island but everybody was so kind and helpful! Amazing!

N.B. : the same group just opened a new hotel just behind the Villas; Myconian Utopia. We had a tour and loved it too. It was still smelling paint in the lobby - their website is not on yet.

N.B. : try to avoid a room next to the Utopia hotel generator. I don't know if the problem is now solved but the first day of the opening of the hotel we hardly could sleep because of the noise.
Check this out before you book

If you need more tips do not hesitate to drop me a line!

Ciao, Sara

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - 7th or 8th floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SarraBrussels,

Thank you for writing on line about your recent experience at the Myconian Villa collection.

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays with us. I will be very happy to share your kind comments with the rest of the team. Please be assured that your remarks are passed to all the relevant departments and are taken under serious consideration.

We really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our second time in Mykonos and we chose this hotel because it is part of the Royal Myconian group and because it is brand new!
The hotel is excelent, very beautiful, but not perfect yet!
Everything is new, what is a great thing, but the service is not a top one yet and breakfast can also improve in my point of view!
Staff is still a little "lost", giving us a few wrong information, but it was it's first summer and I think they will get better for next year, because the 2 other hotels part of this group are top ones!
Beautiful and confortable pool with an amazing view, great spa, very nice room (shower could be a little bigger), and it's on Elia Beach, which is very cool!
More tips and comments on my blog!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private pool, its not only beautiful, but it's so nice to have a pool to re...
1  Thank MillaBuzaid

Dear Mrs Buzaid,

Thank you for posting this review on line. Please be assured that your opinion is valued to us and we are taking it very seriously. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on certain aspects of your stay. All your comments are taken on board and our management team works towards the improvement of the mentioned services.

We hope that we will have another opportunity in the near future to alter your negative impressions and offer the true Myconian Villa experience.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Greece on our honeymoon and had originally booked a room at the Myconian Imperial Hotel. Upon our arrival we found we had been upgraded to the Myconian Villas and I can honestly say it was the best accommodation we had during our entire trip. The room was spacious and the 2 private infinity pools overlooking the Aegean sea were amazing. There was twice daily cleaning services and a great range of toiletries, which are, if you're anything like me, very important. To top it all off we indulged in a champagne breakfast each morning all the while enjoying the views. We would have no hesitation in returning. I have never given reviews on-line before but I was so impressed with this hotel I felt the need to share my experiences and I highly recommend this resort to others.

1  Thank Simone K
myconiancollection, General Manager at Myconian Villa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Simone K,

Warm greeting from the sunny Mykonos.
Thank you for posting this review on line. We are delighted from your wonderful comments and pleased be assured that are deeply appreciated. It is great to know that on a very important occasion, you had such an amazing experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the ideal hotel to enjoy your stay in Mykonos.We only spent 4 days but we will definitely come back .The location of this hotel is perfect! Our villa offered some of the most amazing views to the the aegean sea. The overall service and the facilities were excellent,combined with the friendly staff...the perfect match!See you next summer!

Dear Jerome V,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Myconian Villas on line. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us and it is most kind of you to recommend us to others.

We are looking forward to welcome you back next summer.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights! Amazing and even more amazing! Greek hospitality at its best! Great job to all. As I work for the hospitality/leisure industry myself, its the staff from A to Z that make a hotel manager look good, not the other way round. Cheers all - hope to see you in Sydney!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank metro009

Dear Metro009,

Thank you very much for the time spent posting this review on line.
It makes me feel really proud to read that we managed to offer you with such an amazing experience.

I would be delighted to pass your kind comments and congratulations across the entire team.

We hope to welcome you back in our resort very soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed 6 nights at the villas, I have to stay that all was perfect : food, all day services at the pool, the room and the the relaxing atmosphere....

So if you wish to have VERY relaxing vacation and to be treated like a Queen/ King.. book right now!

Warm Thanks to Georges Louis Manet, Georges (DJ), the lady from the restaurant and to the staff from the pool for having made the stay very unique....We will definetly come back :-) A.Yiou

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
myconiancollection, General Manager at Myconian Villa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear ILoveMykonos2013,

Thank you for posting online your experience from your recent stay at the Myconian Villas.
I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed so much your stay and felt so pampered and well looked after.
It is great to know that the hard effort of our team is appreciated, please be assured that I will congratulate them personally.

We are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards
Richardos Lellas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elia
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
#2 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Myconian Utopia Relais & Chateaux Resort
Myconian Imperial Resort
Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center

Been to Myconian Villa Collection? Share your experiences!