“Excellent hotel to rest and go to the beach.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Elia
Bilbao
“Excellent hotel to rest and go to the beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

This hotel has the most beutiful beach in Mykonos. You have your own lounge and is free of charge. The beach is big and beautiful, for me one of the best. The hotel itself is very beautiful, the looby is gorgeus and the staff are very, very kind. Mykonos town is about 20 minutos on your own car. If you like parties and disco, The Mykonian Imperial is not your hotel. The room are big and comfortable. Everything is clean.
The breakfast buffet is very good, you have all kind of food. And besides the staff are really nice.
Is a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed at this beautiful hotel in September and would highly recommend the Imperial to all of our friends. The hotel is beautiful and has exceptional views of the lovely beaches of Mykonos. We enjoyed several meals at the main restaurant of the hotel and I must say the fresh seafood, local Greek wine and desserts were exceptional (my favorite meal on the island). Our room was large, very clean with a private balcony and breathtaking views. The hotel offers frequent bus services to the main town and we found this extremely helpful as we ventured off on the island. We also had a great experience with the friendly staff who helped coordinate our travel to the next island. With their help, we were able to remain on schedule given some of the tricky weather you can come across during this time of year. We had a truly special experience in Mykonos thanks to the lovely staff and the beautiful hotel we stayed at. The Imperial truly deserves a 5 star, world class rating!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

This hotel is one of the nicest in mykonos and on one of the nicest beaches. The previous review here said the beach was too big and not really private. Although the beach is technically all part of the whole Elia Beach, it is partitioned off, you have your own nice lounge chairs which you dont pay extra for as you do on Elia in general and the beach is still gorgeous. Yes, there is a short walk down the hill to get to the beach but so long as you are in any type of decent average shape it won't be a problem.
The hotel itself is gorgeous. Beautiful lobby, we were welcomed with champagne and a warm reception. We had a gorgeous view of the ocean. The pool and pool side lunch bar are great, although a little pricy. The hotel restaurant is expensive but you get what you pay for. Fantastic service. I live in NYC so I am familiar with fine dining service, and the hotel met my standard.
The hotel is about a 20min ride from town, but I knew this going in and I was going to mykonos to relax not to sight see so it didnt bother me. Yes, the shuttles could have run more frequently, but so long as you know how to read a watch, you will be fine. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to others, especially after seeing the location of the others. SOme of the other hotels that we considered that were in the same 5 star range, after seeing them in person we happy we didnt pick them. Although they are pretty hotels they were right near town and thus were crowded and not near any nice beaches. You have to travel to get to the beaches. Myconian Imperial gave me everything i was looking for. There are negatives to any hotel, but the positives here far outweighed any of the negatives.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank kjd223
Short Hills, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I will start with the negatives because they outweigh the positives:

Check-in- We had paid for a package called the "Classic Romance Package" because one of its features was a complimentary upgrade at check-in. At check-in, although it was acknowledged that we did have this package, my request for an upgrade was ignored. We were shown to the type of room we had paid for, overlooking a driveway and garage. It did have a view of the ocean, but less directly than most of the other rooms. I understand that this particular feature comes with an "if available" proviso, but it was disappointing none the less.

Spa- We picked this hotel because we thought it would have nice spa. The treatments we had were below average. No matter what they called the treatment, it consisted of slathering oil on your body and then wiping it off. A facial consisted of applying one lotion, wiping it off, then applying a mask, leaving you lying there for half of an hour and then wiping it off.

Gym- One of the three pieces of equipment was broken. Otherwise fine, not great.

Beach- I'm not sure what the previous reviewers consider "private," but this hotel has a small "private" spot on a very crowded beach that it shares with two other hotels. The lounge chairs are very close together and not very private at all. It is also quite a steep cliimb from the beach to the hotel. They said there was a shuttle every five minutes up and down to the beach, but we only saw it once in three days. Also there is very limited, and quite expensive, food service at the beach and no bathroom.

Atmosphere- lots of families with small children. I guess this could be a positive if you are here with your kids, but we were not. Right before we left, I witnessed a mother bathing her child in the spa bathroom sink to remove fecal matter from his bottom. It was pretty revolting.

One towel per person- They administer one towel per person. The towels are pretty small. You can't get a new towel until you turn in the old towel and they keep a record. This is not 4 or 5 star hotel treatment.

Location- This hotel is a 25 minute shuttle ride to Mykonos Town. The shuttle schedule is very limited. One night we raced through town to catch the 10:30 shuttle but narrowly missed it and had to wait an hour and a half for the next one. Taxi's are in very short supply. I found this to be very stressful for what is supposed to be a very relaxing vacation.

Check out- Also part of our "Classic Romance Package" was a late check out. When we inquired about checking out at 1:30 pm instead of 12:00 pm ( 1 and 1/2 hours late) we were denied this late checkout. Instead, they told us we could use the spa lockers for our stuff until we were ready to leave. When we went to the spa to do this (and despite having had multiple spa treatments, so the staff knew who we were), they insisted on taking the bathrobe and towel out of my locker- I assume out of fear that I was going to steal it in the small overnight bag I had put in the locker??? It made me feel really bad.

Arrival Transfer- Upon arrival, we couldn't find our driver, principally because he was carrying a sign that said "Royal Mykonian," which we had no idea was the sister property which was literally right on top of the Imperial.

Departure Transer- Upon departure, they told us to be in the lobby at 1:30 for a shuttle to the port. At 1:45 a shuttle came by, but didn't stop for us because it was full. When we inquired they said another would come by. After standing outside in the heat for a half hour, we inquired again and they said that the manager was coming to take us to the port. Ten minutes later, the manager did arrive in his own car and drove us himself to the port and was quite apologetic. But this whole event was needlessly stressful and again not reflective of what a 4 or 5 star hotel would deliver.

Positives:

Pools-The pools are large and nice. The pool area is also very nice. Aside from the one towel per person rule, this was the best feature of this hotel.

Food- The breakfast buffet was good, except that it was missing fresh fruit. The lunches were very good.

Thallaso spa treatment- Very nice and worth trying.

Classic Romance Package- Aside from the lack of upgrade and late check out (which I thought to be key parts of this package), the other aspects of this package were lovely. We had two free thallaso therapy treatments each, welcoming glasses of champagne, a bottle of wine in our room, a free lunch (which was excellent) and a romantic turndown which was the nicest surprise of all.

Service- The hotel staff were all very nice. I think they meant well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sunfun18
Warsaw
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

A modern minimalistic style five star property overlooking the bay of Elia. The staff is well trained and very friendly. The Breakfast buffet is just great, with a large selection of freshly prepared dishes. The private beach is 5 minutes walk away, the sea there is fantastic. If you don't want to be part of Mykonos day and night party time, the Hotel is a good tip. Daily shuttle service to the main center of the island, just the timing could be better. The main issue is the Internet service: got charged premium prices for a very bad connection.The overall scoring is negatively impacted by the value for money. If you don't like a very windy place, avoid Mykonos in July and August!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mannyeda
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

Great hotel, especially if you want to relax. Great pool and private beach. Rooms are very nice with balconies looking out over the bay. Staff was great and very helpful. Hotel bar and lobby very cool- indoor and outdoor. Use the shuttle when going into town because cabs are very hard to get. I've stayed in 2 other hotels and this was the best. Only negative is the location if you want to go downtown for nightlife- about 20 minutes.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Beirut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Upon arriving there was a horrible stench which I was told was from a neighbouring property - something to do with the sewarge works. I was told it would be gone in 24 hours - it was still there when we left 5 days later...On the first night the power kept going off, when I called reception I was told that this was a problem through out the island. I complained to the manager in the morning who upgraded us to a better room.

The following night after coming back from town I asked for a bucket of ice for the room so that we could enjoy some champagne on the balcony. I was promptly told that there was only one staff member on duty and that I would have to walk down to the lobby bar to get the ice myself. Not what I expected from a 5 star hotel that charges an incredible amount of money for rooms.

The hotel is quite a distance from town - there are shuttle buses but they only go about 2 times during the day and 4 times at night. Although people recommend getting the water taxis from Elias beach to other beaches - Paradise, Super Paradise - when we went to get on, we were promptly told to get off - the same thing happened with the next water taxi. I don't believe they run as regularly as the locals say.

Some reception staff were very friendly and apologetic for the overall experience we had. Others, were less than happy with the complaints received from guests regarding the smell.

Beautiful beaches near the hotel, and a very nice restaurant down the road called Kapoleya which has a nice and well priced menu.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller_69Beirut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elia
Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center
Myconian Villa Collection
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Myconian Utopia Relais & Chateaux Resort
Mykonos Princess Hotel
Mykonos Princess Hotel
#2 of 10 in Agios Stefanos
Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA

Been to Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre? Share your experiences!