“A very nice hotel in Myconos”

Myconian Imperial Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Elia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Myconos is very-well known for quality services, hence its reputation as one of the must-go destinations in Greece. The Myconian Imperial is one of the best choices in the island, given the facilities, the luxurious look from the first step in and the professional service. All these are expected in a 5star establishment, so I regard them as standard, but it is nice to mention them. The best quality of the hotel is the professional service offered by the staff, starting from they very first greeting when you arrive to the vary last goodbye upon your departure. As far as the staff is concerned, it could say that I have never experienced such a high-quality service. This, combined with the amazing views in Elia beach, the luxurious hotel establishments and the pool/bar settings, make it a must go hotel when one visits Myconos. One small problem was that when we visited the hotel (May 2012) it had just opened for the season and the rooms were kind of humid. Opening the A/C did work though.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank George V

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I made my four night reservation for this hotel on expedia, not really knowing what to expect. The price was not very expensive considering what you get for it. I travel internationally about 12 times a year, mostly to Europe and the Middle East, and this is without a doubt the best hotel experience I have ever had.

It started right away. The hotel provides complimentary airport pickups and dropoffs. When I arrived, I was driven to the top level where I was met with the man I assume to be the general manager. I was offered champagne with a strawberry in it by a waiter carrying around a tray of them (at 12:30pm!) The manager sat me down and talked, then asked for my passport. I was brought a tray of fresh fruit while we talked. Although I'd paid for the hotel, at no time did he ask for a credit card to guarantee other costs. Then the driver took me down to the second level, where my room was. I was greeted by Marilyn and other staff members, all of whom I got to know by name during my stay, and they always greeted by name. Marilyn gave me an entire tour of the hotel, including the spa, the pools (there are three outdoor and one indoor pool, and the hotel has a portion of Elia Beach reserved for guests). Then the restaurant and bar, and finally my room, which was itself like a spa experience. I had a beautiful room with balcony looking out over the Aegean and my bathroom with jacuzzi and an array of about 20 different spa products.

I took a tour to Delos, one of the most sacred sites from ancient Greece, but mostly I stayed and luxuriated at the pools and beach. At the pools you can swim write up to the bar/food area, and servers come around regularly.

I ate every night at the hotel restaurant, which was spectacular. The shrimp backed in a potato crust with wasabi sauce was my favorite appetizer, which I had every night. For entrees, delicious filet mignon, sea bass, and king crab. I even had my 'own table' looking toward the sunset. Breakfasts were a spectacular array of fruits, breads and pastries, cheese, eggs and breakfast meats and made-to-order omelets if you choose.

I also did something I usually don't -- made a reservation to have a massage and a facial. Eleutheria handles all spa arrangements and Rula was truly the best masseuse I have ever been lucky enough to have.

This was all a complete luxury experience at very reasonable prices. I consider it the best hotel in the world!

Room Tip: Most all of the rooms have a patio with Aegean view. But if you don't like your room, just tell...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ProfT
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I chose the Myconian hotel for our honeymoon (other side of the island). Upon arrival at the hotel, I handed across the printed itinerary with the details that had been provided by our travel agent. As part of the preparation the hotel concierge offered to take us to the pool bar while our paperwork and room were prepared. After a short wait we were asked to come back to the front desk to finalize the check-in details. At the front desk the manager of the hotel greeted us and congratulated us on our recent nuptials. As part of this he said that the hotel would like to offer us an upgrade. The upgrade consisted of a change of hotel to the Imperial at no additional cost and that he would take us there in his car (30min away) and would have someone waiting for us to ensure that we didn't lose any further time. We were a little cautious but accepted. Upon arrival all of his descriptions and promises were confirmed. The amazing location and beauty of the hotel is perfectly matched by the exceptionally friendly and professional service. The rooms are quite large and from what we could tell the view from all of them is magnificent. The private beach provided by the hotel for all guests provides a tranquil location to lie in the sun and enjoy the amazing colors of the Mediterranean waters. In addition, the pools, spa, squash court, gym etc are also a nice distraction if you don't just want to lie and read your book all day in the sun. I do not believe our stay could have been better.
It was only after leaving and moving on to the next stop on our honeymoon that I became aware that out travel agent had completely messed up all of our bookings (bookings had been cancelled 24 hrs after they were made 1 month prior), including the stay at the Imperial. The manager of the hotel had not informed us of the issue, and just found us a place in his hotel and because he was booked out, used the pretence that he was offering an upgrade - giving us a better place to stay at no additional cost. He did not wish to concern us or even take the glory for such a gratious and kind deed. I cannot thank him enough! The service and location was amazing and I would have given this recommendation regardless, but I am still astounded to this day of the gratuitous manner in which we were treated.... They didn't even tell us that it was an error on our part, they just made our stay amazing! Thank you!

Room Tip: Try stay over the pool, but all face the water
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GARETH S
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is the HOTEL for a wonderful holiday. We spent in this amazing hotel 8 night with absolute relax and comfort. The price was really chip in confront of the service provided. Placed on the Elia beach, is not really closed to Mykonos city but well connected with free bus service. The breakfast served is really good with a huge variety of every kind of food. Ideal for a romantic holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony. the view on the beach during the sunset is amazing!
3  Thank Pietro P
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel is very clean and beautiful. Has a wonderfull view and very good location.

But the service has failed sometimes: The breakfast seems to be a war, all the waitress has not served us when we have requested, the wireless in our room have not worked and I have forgot one object in the hotel after my leaving. I have requested them to send it back and I have not got the answers until today.

2  Thank RenatoCarneiro
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed in this hotel 2 times .Once 2007 and once this august for weekend .The hotel has excellent location at elia beach,the rooms are quiet and huge,the view is fantastic and the spa one of the best i have been.A little bit expensive but it wotrh every penny!I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank spyrostaxi
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here the third week of September. It was so beautiful!
Elia Beach is steps away and the hotel has a private portion of the beach with free chairs and umbrellas. The views from the hotel pool and from most of the rooms is unbelievable. Service from staff was excellent. The lady at the front desk who checked us in remembered our names throughout our stay and always said hello when she saw us. One of my favourite things was the way the hotel really glowed by candlelight in the evenings! The public areas became magical when the candles were lit in lanterns everywhere.
Food in the pool restaurant and the fine dining restaurant were both excellent. We also liked the fact that when lounging around the pool they often brought out free fruit for us!
The hotel offered free shuttles to Mykonos Town so you have the best of both worlds...a quiet hotel in a beautiful area and yet quick access to the partying area of the island in a very short bus ride! We loved this hotel and highly recommend it if you enjoy combining good service, beautiful views and quiet surroundings!

Room Tip: Ask how many steps you have to navigate when checking in...some rooms are quite a walk away while ot...
3  Thank Ofootley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elia
Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Myconian Utopia Relais & Chateaux Resort

Been to Myconian Imperial Resort? Share your experiences!