“Spectacular”

Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Elia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Amazing service Amazing location Amazing Staff

It was heavenly experience can't wait to go back :)

Private pools on the mountain edges over looks the blue sea. Endless pictures were taken but still cannot describe half of the feeling there

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed as part of a wedding party from August 27th to September 1st. We stayed in the Utopia higher up on the hill. The complex opened only on August 6th so it was brand new and it showed.
The Utopia is designed and built to imitate or emulate Mykonos town and it does that job very well.
From the restaurant where we had daily breakfasts, if you go back to the rooms it is like going through the clean and narrow streets of Mykonos town. The architect has painstakingly created the right atmosphere with the white walls and grey round stones on the paths.
Breakfast was elaborate though not quite in the continental style, but was enough to satisfy any appetite.
After the first couple of days we got the wait staff to work to our liking and the young waiters responded very very well.
We learned how to say Kali Mera and Kalispera among other words.
The pool bar staff were good and attentive too.
The rooms were large and clean though I was not thrilled with the all black shower on account of visibility. View from the room balcony is breathtaking. Vistas of ocean.
The room was cleaned twice a day so was always immaculate.
We walked elevatored down to the beach and that's a chore for sure. The trek up is also arduous. The beach is not much. The terrain is rocky and it seems they have brought coarse brownish sand and created a little patch of it to be able to put lounge chairs and straw umbrellas for the sunbathers. But the jet ski owners were all helpful and eager to serve.
Since we were all part of the wedding party, special food arrangements had been made in the vegetarian style and their soups and pizzas were delectable.
I learned from the wait staff about an after dinner liquor Mysthika (?) and had it during dinner !
Very nice.
Ouzo became my friend too.
Utopia provides a shuttle a few times a day to go to Mykonos town and the service is overall good though you have to stick to the times.
The manager a young gray haired gentleman and Costas always helped with everything including any special requirements and have to be thanked here.
The girls at reception too warmed up after a couple of days and became familiar with us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nicely situated, offering great landscape facing the gorgeous blue sea. Excellent and very nice staff, especially the bartender at the lounge bar (reception level), who was really making you enjoy every drink in his bar. We were welcomed by Natalie, who presented us all the areas of the hotel and detailed us the services we can make use of, depending on our interest. Had a gorgeous room with sea view at the 5th level. Rooms were perfectly cleaned twice a day. Delicious and diverse food from breakfast to dinner (I loved the sea bass tartar with caviar!). Spa was also very nice and the staff very friendly, having all facilities you may need after.
I would come here again anytime!!! We had such a nice and relaxing stay. WE almost forgot we were on Earth!
As experienced travelers I would say that the services you get depend on the relation between the hotel and the corresponding agency at the destination of your trip. At the same number of starts we have had a terrible stay in Tenerife (Gran Tacande), place where I won't come back again in my life. Still, in this hotel I was amazed since I first walked in and it was like this till it ended!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the hotel (1.9.2013 - 5.9.2013).
It was everything I've expected...and more.
I came to do nothing and managed (totaly) to do so!

Bedroom's balcon: Magnificent view from our room - realy breathtaking!
Beatiful sunrises and sunsets.
Had no Jaccuzi in our balcon (next time I'll order a room with one!), but the view was more than enough.
Bathroom - clean, and well supplied.
More towels were offered each late afternoon by the room maids.

Wonderful seaside - quiet and not crowded.
Towels taken from the hotel spa, tanning beds spread in the hotel's beach, while 3 young assistants attended to our needs.

Breakfast: very good, nutrient and colourful, excellent late, mediocre espresso...
The strawberries juice was so good!

Attentive service (hotel's reception dining room pool's bar beach).
There weren't any major disappointments.

Transportation:

1. Shuttles to the beach: every 5 - 10 minutes from the hotel to the beach (and back) - very convenient because the hotel is located on a very steep slope
(only 2 minutes ride).

2. Shuttles to Mykonos Town: Saved us money and time.
Fixed & variable hours, again very convenient.

There are 4 things that I think could and should be amended:
a) No kettle was in the room (as should be in a 5 star hotel! ), so we had to ask
for it, received one and then had to supply ourselves with tea and coffee
(bought in town) and sugar ( taken from the dining room).
b) Neatness - the bedroom and bathroom were very clean, yet not meticulous.
(I'm aware that this remark is a subjective one).
c) Towels: there was an endless supply of clean towels to the bathroom (and
pools/beach). Yet the towels were stiff. I would suggest a softener which
actually works...
d) Bed: Huge but not comfortable!! Too soft!
The only major thing that realy bothered me!

Bottom line:No doubt - I'll be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is located on a mountaun's slope. Floors 4 and above have a marvelous view of all the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Royal Myconian is situated perfectly just above the Elia Beach in Mykonos. First off, the hotel is put as a five star but I fell that it just misses the mark. We were part of a huge party that stayed in the Myconian while the other half stayed in the Utopia hotel above. The Myconian is a very old hotel and may need a little bit of refurbishing with the hotel and the staff. Some of the employees were rude and some areas of the hotel were looking a little drab. Apart from that the rest of the hotel was quite brilliant, there was a shuttle service into town every few hours along with guides and cars available for rent. The food was very good with a vast breakfast buffet and lunch and dinner all serving greek food which got a little repetitive. The majority of the staff were very polite and smiley barring a few and the rooms were nice and spacious. The bathrooms along with the spa were also very clean and all in all it was a good experience. There are four hotels up the hill owned by the same family, so I strongly suggest staying at Utopia above, it is brilliantly different and a lot nicer.

Room Tip: This is not for a good room, but please remember all the pools are saline
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We've been here for the wedding of Ioana and Dan. Simply a dream. If you get to this resort ask to stay in Utopia, it is a hotel opened in August 2013, great architecture ( I am still amazed and I can't stop wondering who is the architect that worked in such a detail. Great job, I am in the business myself and i have never met such a great done job. Bravo! Took thousands of picture to put them on my architects catalogue. Services fine, German style management, good food, nothing wrong in the menu. Quick check in, clean service 2 times per day. The landscape makes you thinking life is beautiful, no matter what !!!

Room Tip: All rooms facing Mediterranean Sea and the infinite pool. All are facing south.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel on the internet. The pictures of the room looked amazing especially if you booked the superior room with an outdoor Jacuzzi which I did for a special occasion with my partner. However (and I think the pictures I've put up do all the speaking) it was completely different.
When you went onto the balcony your overlooked by at least 3 other hotel rooms. I felt sorry for these people having to look down on us drinking champagne in the Jacuzzi especially late at night. If you get a smoker in one of these rooms above be prepared to wake up with cigarette ash on your balcony having been flicked from above.
The balcony is sandwiched in a very unattractive way between two others with cloudy cracked glass. And the wire that stops you from falling to your doom by 10 feet at the end of the balcony, really adds to that prison feeling.
When I complained one reception staff member stated I was in a deluxe and to come back later and she will have it sorted out for us. When we did come back another member of staff said that we are in a superior and if we'd like we can compare the rooms the next day when people have checked out. Low and behold the next day came and no deluxe rooms were available to view so we could compare the difference. When I showed the reception staff the pictures on the internet they AGREED with me that my superior room wasn't anything like what was being advertised and said that there was only one room that looked like what was being advertised.
Again they claim to be a 5 star. They did offer another room on our last night, but this was smaller and as it was on our last night and all we wanted to do was get in the sun and try and put this behind us. The bar / spa staff were very pleasant, the reception staff would give you that glazed look if when you queried about anything, look at their computer and say "computer says noooooo".
There certainly wasn't that sparkle that proper 5 star hotels have, it is certainly not worth the money. If they regarded themselves as a 3 star then I would be reviewing this as a 4 star review.
But 5 star... my advice stay away from this place, don't take the Russian "room" roulette and if you have been caught out like we have, write to your travel agent and put in a claim. In Britain your protected by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994.

Room Tip: Don't play Russian "room" roulette with the more expensive rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chep123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elia
Myconian Villa Collection
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Mykonos Princess Hotel
Mykonos Princess Hotel
#3 of 9 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center? Share your experiences!