“must have carmel rolls”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place is too cute. If they bake it buy it! We learned the hard way, dont wait for that pie to cool to buy a slice...buy the pie right then. Or order on the day you get in. Or miss out on the pie of your dreams. The lockport's got a upnorth cafe with a great breakfast. Expresso nice and strong hon,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

When visiting the cold North woods of Leutson, a good, hot and tasty breakfast goes a long way and that's the Lockport Marketplace. Add to that a waitress who loves to laugh and tell her stories and owners who love what they do, and you've got real magic and charm. Serving times are from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.(the grocery store part is open into the evening). A variety of egg dishes, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and french toast are cooked to perfection and served warm. Coffee is strong and you can help yourself to refills so you never have a lukewarm half cup. The dining room itself is like sitting in a tree house surrounded by tall pines, the small quaint windows frames painted a cheery red. II met Nan Plude-Bradley, on w of the three owners and a warm and hospitable presence. Her story made me want to retire in Luetson, too. All and all, this was my favorite part of our family's ski vacation.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I wouldn't have known about this place serving breakfast if it wasn't for TripAdvisor! The building looks like a small unassuming convenience store but as others have said, walk through to the back room and there's a little cafe with a few tables for dining. I ordered the sourdough pancakes and they were very good, though some were over-cooked. My dining companion loved their omelette and hash browns.

I didn't catch the name of our server but she was very friendly and prompt. I'm thinking this must be one of the "best kept secret" establishments in the Lutsen area so I hope the word doesn't get out TOO much or we might have to wait for a table next time!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had stopped at Lockport for gas and forgotten grocery items several times before I noticed the little restaurant in back. The poster who said they are only open for breakfast wasn't correct- they serve lunches as well. Not a huge menu, but what they have is consistently good. Yes, the prices seem steep to me, but I'm sure they aren't making a whole lot of profit because of their size and the amount of business they get. When you go, you have to stop at the counter for some of their wonderful bakery items as well- all made on site. And the staff are always friendly and accommodating. Fun to look at all the old "family camping" pictures as well!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stopped twice. They had everything we needed. The service was excellent. The kind of personal attention that is hard to find. On our way back home we stopped and picked up some pasties. They were very good. Nice flaky crust with plenty of meat, potatoes and (I think) rutabaga's. Just a little spice. It made for a wonderful end to our trip!