“Awesome place”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stopped twice. They had everything we needed. The service was excellent. The kind of personal attention that is hard to find. On our way back home we stopped and picked up some pasties. They were very good. Nice flaky crust with plenty of meat, potatoes and (I think) rutabaga's. Just a little spice. It made for a wonderful end to our trip!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Co-owners Deb and Nan have worked hard to maintain/restore the type of experience your grandparents might have had in northern MN. The result is a cozy old-fashioned country store with basic groceries, Northwoods suvioneers, gas, and amazing(!) comfort food. Their small 6 table restaurant serves breakfast and lunch until 2, and their breakfast are true country food (this coming from a farm girl)- I especially suggest the biscuits with sausage gravy (with a great little surprise kick) and the sourdough pancakes (yummy, hearty, and don't get soggy no matter how much syrup you pour on them. The house specialty is an old recipe from Deb's grandmother- Finnish beef and vegetable pasties. Unfortunately, after a generous breakfast I couldn't try the pasties, but I certainly will the next time I venture Up North. ~the most recent member of the coffee club HA

Reviewed May 21, 2012

They serve only breakfast and they have little marketplace too.So if you go there rest of the day you can't even think that this is a restaurant place, but it is! They have fabulous breakfast.All items in the menu are made to order and so fresh and delicious ! You should try their all you can eat Sourdough pancakes ! oh my god they are amazing.All ladies who where there are very friendly.So if you in Lutsen do not forget to try their breakfast !

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I got married in Lutsen, Minnesota, this last December. We were thrilled to have all of our family and friends together in this overwhelmingly beautiful, mountain town. Everyone loved how cozy and peaceful it was up North. Many of our guests found their way to different establishments and locations, but the most raved about, was Lockport Deli.

When you walk in, Nan, greets you at the door, introduces herself, and treats you like family. Behind the kitchen window, Deb, is whipping up the most amazing burgers, sandwiches, and soups! You instantly feel the warmth and love that surrounds this deli/cafe. Under the glass table covers, there are pictures and postcards from people who had as great of an experience and we did.

The day after the wedding, we went for one last burger, before returning to the Duluth airport to fly home. Nan, greeted us by name at the door, with hugs and kisses. We sat down, reminisced about the reception, and thoroughly enjoyed our burgers and fries! As we were leaving, Nan asked us to sign her guest book. As I looked at the last entry, a guest at our wedding had written, I paged through the book. It warmed my heart to see that numerous pages were filled with thanks and praise of the restaurant from every single guest at our wedding. (150 person wedding) Everyone enjoyed the kindness, warmth, and great food that Nan and Deb provided. We can't be more excited to return to the North woods to visit Nan and Deb!

1  Thank KMacG312
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Great people, great north woods atmosphire, try it.