“This place is OMG good and very friendly”

Lockport Marketplace and Deli
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bloomington, Minnesota
“This place is OMG good and very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We went to the Lockport for 3 breakfast and it was each time a delicious moment. The owners are very friendly and quite interesting.

The price is right, $56 for 5 adults, I would recommend the breakfast burrito, the honeymoon breakfast and... well... the whole menu is simply excellent!

Note: on weekend, plan to come early or be ready to wait. The room is very small with 5 or 6 small tables only and connoisseurs are numerous.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Pierre M

wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything you need and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

This is a wonderful place that serves home made from scratch food including the best pasties you'll ever eat! Home made pie made with fresh picked blueberries - YUM! They also have groceries, everything you could possibly need including a surprising selection of cheeses and fresh produce, as well as gifts and even an automotive department. And the gasoline is often priced less than other stations. Nothing fancy here, just good home cooking, great people, and an atmosphere of local history.

1 Thank hayyward
Des Moines
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

Enjoyed the breakfast burrito and other items.

2 Thank DSM4
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Terrible business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2007

I've been going to the north shore/lutsen area for over ten years and this place is a rip off. I asked one of the owners if I could take a peek at the chili that I like thick chili. She refused to show me the chili,but assured me it would be a thick+hearty. It end up being very soupy with hardly any meat. Without even touchy the spoon I said no thanks and said I'll have a hamburger instead. As the owner ran up the bill without saying anything I noticed she must have charged me for the cheap soup which I asked if they charged me for the chili. She said we had to, I said I never even touch the bowl and it wasn't what you told me it would be. I then said if your going to charge me for it I would like to take it with me. Which she replied we threw it in the garbage. After all this my wife got food poison the next morning from there restaurant. One of the locals up there that works at Lutsen Mountain said they get lots of complaints from the Lockport, also said supposely all those homemade baked goods are shipped in and say they make them homemade which they are not. Unless you like crappy service and a chance to get food poison I wouldn't go there plus there trying to sell the business for $979,000 so they probably really don't care about the customers anymore.

8 Thank Adventurerr
Shoreview
“Great breakfast, great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

This little one-pump gas station only serves breakfast and lunch. Owners Nan and Deb make wonderful pasties, pies, and other things. If you have never had a North SHore pastie, this is the place to go. They use an old family recipe and the secret is definitely the crust. They make the best crust I have ever had - it is very thin and very flakey. All of their food is made on-site with care. The building dates back to teh 1920s and has not been altered. It is a taste of teh past. I am on a roll here, writing lots of reviews on the Lutsen-Tofte area. We just had the most magical trip!

4 Thank TravelsWithCharlie52