Caribou Highlands Lodge
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior(Lutsen)(Great Value!)
$85
Orbitz.com
$101
Hotels.com
Bluefin Bay on Lake Superior(Tofte)(Great Value!)
$159
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior(Tofte)(Great Value!)
$75
Aspen Inn(Grand Marais)
$65
Travelocity
$115
The Shoreline Inn(Grand Marais)
$99
Hotels.com
East Bay Suites(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$150
Mangy Moose Motel(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$89
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspoplar ridgeoutdoor pooltown homesfront desk staffnorth shorelutsen areacanoe tripprime ribwe've stayedbunk bedsgrand maraismain floorwood burning fireplacealpine slideliving roomgreat resortping pong table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2010

If you like a nice quiet retreat with comfy beds this is the place for you. Don't have too many negative things to say. The on site restaurant is kind of pricey. Must drive 10-15 mins for other restaurants. Can find things around the resort to do, swimming, tennis, biking, walking trails, golf and Grand Marais is about a 20 min drive where there are a lot of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

The location and view was amazing, The price seamed to be right. I booked two nights but had to leave early due to Family issues, they charged me for 2 nights. When I arrived I found my sheets were dirty, 4 years U S Army I know clean beds. When I checked out, I left my coat in my room, went back to get it, the maids were making the beds, not puting clean sheets on, just remaid them. Confirmed!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank b0ne
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My wife and I went to the resort for a three night stay on Sunday-Wed. We located a great value online which included $75 dollars in gift certificates to Moguls Restaurant. We paid approx $100 dollars a night for the room, which was an incredible value.

The Good: The hotel has an amazing location with breathtaking views. You are able to ski out of this resort which is a great perk. The room we stayed in appeared to be recently remodeled. It was beautiful and tastefully done. The room was clean.

The pool and workout facilities were adequate and expected for this type of resort. We have no kids but this would be a good place if you did as they have both an indoor and outdoor pool. Also noticed pre planned activities for kids. The Wi-fi connection was great and free, almost unheard of for hotels these days. The front desk also offered complimentary snow shows. Give them a try it is fun.

The average: Moguls restaurant has many items to choose from(Including above average wine selection and phenomenal beer selection). From prime rib to burgers you will be able to find anything you desire. I believe they are going for a high end food quality. Some of the items were good but others including the ribs were poorly done. It was clear the ribs were reheated from the day before or earlier in the evening. That being said the service (John) was phenomenal. I would recommend giving this place a shot but know it is probably hit or miss. We used our gift certificates so really we had nothing to complain about.

After a afternoon of cross country skiing we tried a cafe in the town of Tofte called Coho. It was fantastic. A bit expensive but all homemade and fresh ingredients made it worth it. Just another option.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bluelineMinnesota
Reviewed January 16, 2010

The lodge was awesome. We had a very nice room, just like the pictures online, with a great Jacuzzi tub and wood fireplace. Moguls restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. Get the prime rib. We will go back to this hotel or sure!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2009

What a great way to experience the Lutsen area! The Poplar Ridge Homes are relatively new. What struck me most was how much room there is. We stayed in a two bedroom. The home was in great condition for a rental unit. Master bedroom was huge with its own bath. The second bedroom had two twins and a queen which would work great for kids OR a second couple. These were all on the second level.

The entry level was completely unexpected. A very well furnished kitchen with granite countertops and new appliances. The stone fireplace was surrounded by a huge, comfortable couch and HDTV. We did not take advantage of the gas grill on the deck. The crackling fire really helped our crew relax after a long day on the mountain.

Criticisms are few. The pool is on the other side of the resort so you will be hopping in the car to get to there in the Winter. I would not consider these units ski in / ski out. We ended up driving two minutes up to the ski area.

One last tip- Tired after a long day on the mountain and looking for a quick easy dinner? Drive five miles away to Tofte and get a take and bake pizza from the Coho Cafe. Lots of delicious choices.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family