Our family of 4 just returned from a very enjoyable weekend at Eagle Ridge Resort on Lutsen Mtn. Accommodations were fine, nothing fancy, but clean and adequate. The balcony could have used a good power washinging, but overall really nothing to complain about and I am a fairly fussy traveler. Rooms were pretty basic, no closets, no suitcase racks, no extra linens for the futon, no coffee for the coffee maker, not much sound proofing, very limited maid service - minor things like that. Towels were fine and the bathroom was sparkling clean, bring your own toilettries. Staff was ok, not excellent customer service, but adequate - I'd describe it as a little rough around the edges. The resorts' best feature was definitely its location. We were able to go canoeing, hiking, take the gondola and ride the alpine slides all without ever getting back into our car which was really nice. The Trappers restaurant was ok at best, entree sizes were small by most American standards which would be ok if the prices matched, but they didn't and the food was nothing to write home about. Being able to walk there was the real draw. Overall I'd definitely recommend Eagle Ridge for what it is, simple but clean accommodations with terrific views and a great location. If you're looking for luxury or pampering you should probably go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge has 75 slope-side studios and condominiums set amidst the peaceful Sawtooth Mountains where guests play by day and relax by night. Each of our units have been designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding Superior National Forest and of Lake Superior; stunning views of both are right outside your door. All rooms feature a gas fireplace and patio overlooking the mountains and Poplar River valley along with refrigerator, microwave and TV/DVD. Many rooms have a whirlpool and all of our condos have a full kitchen. While you're here, enjoy the only indoor/outdoor heated pool on the mountain (heated year-round), whirlpool and sauna, and in the summer the campfire pit is a great place to build a fire and make s'mores! Pet reservations are accepted between Mid-April - October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge At Lutsen Mountain Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen