“Peaceful and Relaxing :)”

Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lutsen
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the new executive 1 bedroom condos on the top floor. We could see the mountain and beautiful Lake Superior. The room was clean (I've worked in housekeeping before so I am very picky with the cleanliness of rooms), the views, smores, pools, customer service, and little extras were all wonderful! Mark greeted us at the front desk upon arrival and immediately made us welcomed. Truly great customer service!! Paul, Jim, & Tom were also very helpful during our stay. Eagle Ridge offers a complimentary canoe trip (about an hour) down a local river. The guide was Jacob and he was well knowledged of the area, clearly an outdoorsman, and an all around great young man. I highly recommend this trip (and this guide if possible). We will definitely do this canoe trip again! We've done the alpine slides in the past...expensive but fun for the whole family. The gondola to the cafe on the top of the mountain was a bit scary for this cautious mommy of 3, but well worth it. You can access the Superior Hiking Trail from several places on Eagle Ridge. Superior National Golf Course is 5 min away and a beautiful course with breathtaking views (we played the River Course...Let me know if you find the pink balls I left in the river and woods :) ) . This was a perfect get-away for my hubby and I. Thank you Mark, Tom, Paul, Jacob, Jim, and the other staff at Eagle Ridge :)

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in one of the newer rooms as the older ones seemed outdated & in need...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank momma-mia-4
There are newer reviews for Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our family enjoyed a recent 6 night stay at Eagle Ridge. This was our first stay and I am certain we will be returning. We were in Building B with a lovely room that overlooked the pool. Our mornings and evenings were spent looking out over the mountain and Lake Superior to our left. It was a wonderful view.
We made used of the Alpine Slide and the gondolas up to the chalet where we enjoyed hiking and taking in the beautiful surroundings. The resort offers a complimentary canoe trip for those wishing to partake. We did and thoroughly enjoyed it. A first time of canoeing for us.
Many state parks close by make for a new adventure every day.
Our 11 year old son had a great time and begged to come back again as soon as possible.
Accommodations were comfortable, clean, and inviting.
The staff was great. My particular compliment goes to Paul, the general manager. He was very friendly and went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one.
Many thanks for a great vacation. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Though we didn't see the other rooms, Building B seemed to offer one of the best views unobstruc...
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been to Eagle Ridge many times over the past 20 years and have enjoyed it every time. Eagle Ridge is a no-nonsense unpretentious resort hotel that offers large, comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price. No, this is not 5-star, but it doesn't pretend to be. But you get more than your money's worth. I recommend the 1-bedroom condo for the most room because you have a true separation of sleeping quarters from the rest of the accommodation and you have a full kitchen with full sized stove, refrigerator/freezer, and dishwasher. Every room no matter the size has a private deck that overlooks the valley and the mountains across it. The rooms are clean and the furniture and fixtures all in great condition. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

People should be aware that the various buildings on site are built into the hillside, so you need to do a good deal of walking and much of it up and down slopes. I think it is part of the places charm, but other people may not like it. But that is true of the whole area, it is a ridge among valleys and mountains. The views are spectacular and so are the hiking, and canoeing. Eagle Ridge is the best stay on the north shore.

Room Tip: Go for the 1-bedroom condo for the best value.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldfusionradio
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in the A building on the upper floor. The room is dated but was clean. The bathroom looked very clean and may have had the tile re done in the past. The view was very nice. This room had the jacuzzi but we didn't end up using it because the hot tub pool room were sufficient enough. Had a lot to do like the alpine slide, the short canoe trip ect. OVerall a very fun time. The only complaint I would say would be that the TV's were the small old tube sets in these room. We watched movies with my parents who were in the adjacent room at night and the TV was too small. The AC got a little loud at night and the king bed mattress in our room was a little uncomfortable, but overall was a lot of fun and very beautiful!

Room Tip: A building has the best views probably but these are the ones that are outdated with small TV's...
1  Thank Jessa2911
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This place is a scam. I made a reservation for a date that was over a month later, and then emailed a day and a half later to cancel because of a conflict. I was charged a cancellation fee of $35. I can see being charged if I cancelled right before my stay, but not the way I cancelled. No one mentioned anything about the cancellation fee over the phone or in our email correspondence
No one answers the phone when you call there, instead you get voicemail. I couldn't figure out why a business would operate this way even during normal business hours. It's no doubt due to the fact that they get calls from irate customers and want to screen those calls.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family has been going to Eagle Ridge for years in the summer and we love it. We just returned yesterday and I noticed things seem to be deteriorating. Things are looking shabby. Missing curtains in the bedroom. Pool chairs all broken resulting in a very painful injury. Dishwasher smelled like it was on fire. Pool was wonderful as was the view and the overall comfort. I really hope they get on top of it because we love it there!

Room Tip: Condos are wonderful!
2  Thank Lutsenlover1429
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The room we stayed in was only 2 years old and had enough room for a family. The granite countertops and nice kitchen were wonderful and the shower was HUGE! The kids enjoyed the pool area and LOVED the Alpine Slides even though we bought a pass for all day and were only able to use for part of the day because they were closed early for weather.

There was a sofa sleeper in the room and when we pulled it out there was a mattress pad on it that was filthy with lots of hair and crumbs on it plus there were a few other things that looked a bit dirty so I am not convinced the housekeeping is fantastic. It was a bit hard to sleep on the beds after seeing that. Plus the air conditioner only cools the first room so the bed room was extremely warm. Then there were different sets of people drinking and partying just outside our room both nights so it was hard to sleep with the noise (We had our window open because it was so warm).

The staff was very friendly though and we would probably return during a cooler portion of the year. The restaurant at the top of Mosse mountain was great. The other restaurant had good food but very slow service.

Overall we liked the room layout and the kids had fun both there are a few things that could be improved.

Room Tip: The one bedroom executive condos are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutsen
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior
Best Western Plus Superior Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior
East Bay Suites
East Bay Suites
#3 of 10 in Grand Marais
Caribou Highlands Lodge
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior

Been to Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain? Share your experiences!