“Fantastic Highway-side Meal”

Cascade Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award winning serving breakfast until 2pm, lunch from 11-close and dinner from 4-C. Handcrafted meals, vegetarian options, fresh fish seasonally. Happy hour 3-6 pm with half price appetizers and drink specials from our full bar. Pub and Restaurant open daily except for Christmas day.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were there for breakfast and it was absolutely the best Corn Beef Hash and Eggs that I have had in the Midwest. On the West Coast it’s Sears Fine Foods and on the East Coast it’s the Hyatt in Cambridge and now in the Midwest it’s the Cascade Lodge Restaurant for some the best hand-cut Corn Beef Hash and Eggs. They do have an advantage as they are part Irish Pub in the Restaurant. The other meals served were perfect for a great morning start. More that right priced and right portions. Excellent and attentive service with character and some of the most interesting different accents to all color to the meal.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Whenever we stay on the North Shore we make it a point to eat here at least once. The Blue Cheese Bacon wrapped Steak is amazing. The staff is great and service excellent, but the table and floors were a little dirty.

Definitely worth the stop - and get the steak!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This cute little place was really good food but a little high priced. The service however was really slow -and there were few people in there. We stopped for lunch. We had a salad and a patty melt. Both were good. Burgers were around $10 but that did not include chips or anything. Cute bar and they apparently have music some nights. There is a great view of Lake Superior though.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate at the restaurant so that I could revisit a place from my youth, having stayed at the Lodge. The restaurant has the view of Lake Superior and the rustic northland decor that I love! The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating; the food was the very good, but not the "star" of the place.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The place was not busy, when arrived. Asked for and got a table at the window. Bright, and nice view overlooking the lake.
We were seated promptly, and given the menus. Things went downhill from there.

Waited 15 minutes, for the server to return to take our drink, and food order. The entire time we waited, I could see our server 'visiting' with another server, and a customer.
She did apologize, but made no excuse for the delay, when she finally came back to our table.

My wife ordered the grilled shrimp, and soup (19.95). I ordered the 'Anniversary' Burger with fries (12.95).
The meals were delivered in a timely manner.

My wife's plate consisted of 5, at best, medium shrimp, on a bed of plain lettuce, a small piece of steamed broccoli, a small baked potato, and a wedge of lemon. Kinda basic. The sour cream was the plastic envelope kind, no chives, no bacon bits. My wife said the shrimp were just 'OK'. Would have been nice to have some dressing for the lettuce.
My burger was.... Well.... Disappointing to say the least. When the server delivered my burger, I noticed, that the burger consisted of a bun that was bare, the patty, (with a clump of melted blue cheese on it), and two strips of bacon. I asked, the server, if they forgot the condiments. She responded with, 'what do you mean?' I said, what about some onion, a slice of tomato, lettuce, or mustard? She said 'there's onion in the patty, and nothing else is included. If I wanted tomato, lettuce, or onion, I would have to pay extra, and here's the ketchup'. This is on a 13.00 burger!!! Not only was the burger bare, but if that was a 1/3lb patty, I hate to see their regular burger. The burger was served with a very small portion, of standard, cooked from frozen, shoestring fries. When I asked for some vinegar, she brought me Red Wine vinegar.

It was a nice place. With just a bit more effort from the kitchen, the sting of the high prices, wouldn't be so bad.

So be warned. Expensive, and mediocre!

Been to Cascade Lodge Restaurant? Share your experiences!