“Best Burger”

Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Long Lake
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Best Burger”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Every year, when the MSP "Best Of" lists come out, I find myself shaking my head when I see the best burger category, because I think The Red Rooster is certainly worthy of at least a mention. Great burgers!

• Visited July 2011

Rochester, MN
“Good first experience at the Red Rooster”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My family and I have relatives that live in the Twin Cities area, so we all traveled to the Red Rooster in Long Lake for an evening meal. Local establishment that has a bar area with TV's for those that want that scene, OR a dining room area more friendly for families. We used the dining room. Everyone in our party ordered sandwiches, wraps, or burgers. All seemed pleased with the quality of their meals. I had the Black and Blue Burger with blue cheese - it was very good and had an ample amount of blue cheese on it which you don't always get elsewhere. All of the meals were plenty big, perhaps a bit too big. Pricing was right down the middle for what we ordered. Service was decent but not spectacular. Took a little while for the waitress to get to us to give us menus. The place was clean which I always pay attention to when rating restaurants.

So all in all, good first experience at the Rooster. I would visit again.

• Visited November 2011
Minnesota
“Great bar and restaurant”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great bar and restaurant in a small town setting. The restaurant area behind the bar is great for families. Or you can eat in the big bar area that has lots of T.V.'s. They have a varied menu, with burgers and sandwiches, and they also have some great salads and bigger meals. We have always enjoyed their food, and the service there is great. Nice place for a meal out, in a casual setting.

• Visited October 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The WORST SERVICE EVER.”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Visit if you want long waits and attitude from waitresses. There was 1 other table in dining area and waitress too k15 minutes to take our drink order! When it wasn't forthcoming, we asked for drinks. They came 10 minutes later! She GAVE US A DIRTY LOOK. It's a dive that acts like a NYC hot spot. THREE waitresses gabbing and NOT ONE taking care of their tables. Really horrible experience. NEVER going back, nor are the 6 other people @ our table. NO ONE LEFT A TIP. Not that the snotty waitress would wonder why...

• Visited April 2011
4 Thank Billy67x
Orono
“The Rooster is a family favorite!”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The Red Rooster is a wonderful small town restaurant with very good food, nice atmosphere, especially in mild weather, the outdoor seating is great, and the staff are kind and pleasant. Our family loves going to the "Rooster" for Taco Tuesdays or just because. We have 3 small children, so going out to eat can be a challenge, but the Rooster is perfect and the kids love it too! Check it out.