“Living History Days”

Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Charles Lindbergh's 1927 flight from New York to Paris launched an aviation revolution. Tour his boyhood home, explore the visitor center exhibits, including a "Spirit of St. Louis" flight simulator, and walk an interpretive trail along the river. Additional trails are located in the adjacent Charles A. Lindbergh State Park. The site is a National Historic Landmark.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you haven't had the opportunity to visit this site on a 'Living History' day, make plans to do it this summer! The staff does an awesome job presenting the history of this place, as well as, letting the visitors get to know Charles Lindbergh when he was a young boy.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My sister insisted on stopping here during our recent road trip. I wasn't so sure, but after touring the childhood home of Charles Lindbergh, and visiting the interesting exhibits in the museum, I'm glad we went. Definitely worthwhile to visit these folks - and our tour guide really brought the childhood experiences of Lindbergh to life.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We went as a school trip of 4th graders from BAXTER. They split us up into smaller groups, which worked out well. All of the guides did an excellent job. 99% of us, kids and adults had not been there and we are only 30 miles away. Well worth the trip. After the very educational movie in the theatre, most of the questions were on the kidnapping and ransom. All the books and stories had not mentioned this prior. We adults thought it was interesting that it was the most thought provoking for a ten year old! Also we learned he started to drive at 11 or 12!! Wow!! We then walked across the street to the state park and had cold lunches. I will be back and bring my grandkids. The gift shop looked cute too, but all were told no shopping!!! Grazie! Kim

1  Thank Kimberley L
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I came here this summer to do some hiking. My wife and I started the hike together but the bugs got so bad she went back to the car and ended up exploring the Lindbergh house. The hike started out near the old water tower and down some stairs to the creek area. After crossing a bridge the trail wound through the woods. It seemed like the whole time I had deer flies dive bombing my head. Aside from the bugs the hike was a nice trail through a mostly wooded area and there were a few other historic spots where Charles first flew and crashed a certain airplane. The only people I encountered on my hike were some workers repairing an old wooden bridge out there. The hike finished with a mile or so along the creek. My wife really enjoyed the house and the information within. Nice area with cool falls right near the site.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Lindbergh was an interesting character who had both his good side and not-so-good side. This museum does a good job of commemorating his life and achievements. Of course, the thing for which he should be remembered the most is his trans-Atlantic flight and this is properly highlighted. It is worth making the trek from the Cities to see this well-presented museum assuming you are interested in the subject matter.