“Great little town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Falls
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great little town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

First of all the ride from Winnipeg Canada to here was so beautiful, to think that this area is in our own backyard.
The start of the rolling hills and lakesides was awesome.
We arrived to the hotel and a nice young man was ther to greet us and give us our room.
The room was the same as every other country inn,but what they did have different was an outdoor eating area with a BBQ.
The breakfast was great with a wonderful assortment of food and things to drink

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Little Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I normally stay in Hilton Hotels but couldnt find one in the area. My travel agent booked me here and I must say this place is very nice. i was very surprised to find out that it is 15 years old, the place looks new. the hotel staff is very pleasant I want to thank Nancy the desk clerk for going out of her way to assist me with a problem that i had (not hotel related). She was very nice and and extremely helpful. i was expecting a continental breakfast and was surprised to find a full breakfast. I really recommend this place to anyone. Thanks for the wonderful stay

Room Tip: book early, this place is always full
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. Even though I showed up at the hotel around 11:30pm, there was someone standing at the desk smiling, waiting to greet me. The hotel staff was very friendly, and the maids were willing to change their service time at my request so that they cleaned while I was absent. The breakfast had many options, and while the eggs were probably not real, there were lots of options which actually changed between the two days I was there, and the orange juice tasted palatable. For those who care, the soap had a pleasant, light fragrance, and mouthwash was provided on top of the usual toiletries. There were free cookies and tea/coffee/hot cocoa sitting out all the time in the very nicely decorated lobby with an electric fire place(although they might want to change the hot water a little more often, since it wasn't always hot, but it was always warm...). There is a pool which was kept warm and comfortable, even in the cold of winter, along with a hot tub I didn't use. For the reviewer that had the suite with the jacuzzi - it looks like they are in the process of completely remodeling that room. I did not have any problems with bed bugs, and I am highly sensitive to them. Instead, the room itself was clean, well-furnished, and pleasantly large.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

stayed last weekend. will not stay there on purpose again. Hotel booked 3 hockey teams. didnt have enough staff to accomodate. ( 1 clerk!) then proceeded to be continually rude and upset with a hotel full of 12 year old boys and thier parents!
How about remembering that those parents are paying your paycheck!! How about if you dont like hockey teams...you dont book 3 teams at one time.
Yes....boys will eat all the cookies you put out! but YOU KNEW we were coming! Yes....when there is downtime we as families will visit. Sending us all to our rooms EARLY ( read 11pm!!!) is not appreciated.
If you want to be treated like a nursing home resident, or treated like you brought in a wet and dirty gorilla, stay here. Enjoy your prune juice!!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cmnhockeymom
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I loved this hotel, there's nothing that could have been better short of making the stay free. This hotel was amazing, I looked on hotels.com and this was the only great hotel that got good reviews, so I booked it, and when I got there I was amazed at the friendliness of Megan and Gary (The front desk attendant and Maintenance worker), they were extremely helpful. This stay was mainly for a romantic getaway with the love of my life, and they even directed me to a flower shop when I asked for it, and suggested a worker by name that makes awesome flower arrangements. The staff was nothing short of outrageously spectacular. I loved this place, the breakfast was a bit sparse without those eggs, but those sausage links, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, toast, hard boiled eggs, and pretty much everything minus the eggs being absent, were awesome, and it was nice to wake up to in the morning, the pool and pretty much every area in the hotel was clean, and I loved it, and so did my girlfriend. I would definitely come here again, which I am going to be doing in January, and I will definitely tell everyone about this place, everyone was so nice and helpful and it was an awesome place to stay, if I dare say, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, in my life.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

All I can say is ----I ordered a Jacuzzi suite and I got bed bugs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank NYMN18
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

This was very clean, the beds and pillows quite comfortable; really nice restroom. In the room is a small fridge, microwave & coffee maker..kudos for not having coffee maker in the restroom! The continental breakfast was much the same as most places: coffees,juices, cereal, waffle maker, bread & bagels, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurt & fruit. The swimming pool, located indoors, is really nice, didn 't have that strong chlorinated smell, water was nice & clean. There is a hot tub which was, unfortunately, a "warm" tub, but still pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family