“Good service and Good food”

A.T. the Black and White
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Little Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Right on the main street in Little Falls. Great Food every time I've been in the place! Clean and great atomsphere!

1  Thank Jeff O

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have visited this establishment before, back in 2007. Things have changed, and not for the better.

From the moment we entered, and were ignored by the woman that would be our server, we should have known something was amiss. We ended up seating ourselves. The server immediately told us they were out of the beer my fiance wanted. She said she would check to see if they got an order in the day before, went to check, and never came back to tell us one way or the other.

When she next appeared, she wanted to know if we were ready to place our orders, having forgotten completely about the beer. We ordered the chicken roulade in a creamy tomato sauce. My fiance ordered the steak tips with penne in alfredo sauce with bleu cheese. When the meals came out, they looked tasty, but had the same exact sauce, only mine had a tomato puree added to it. Both meals were ridiculously salty as well. Eventually, we ordered dessert, hoping that something sweet would negate the terrible salty taste in our mouths. The dessert was brought to the table, but we could not get ANY of the servers attention for a cup of coffee.

To make matters worse, I saw a blur and felt a breeze as our server RAN past our table, flinging our receipt and three mints with it. To say we were stunned is an understatement. None of the courtesy "Is there anything else I can get you"? "How was everything"? Nothing. It is sheer luck that she didn't ask that second question, since there were other tables nearby and I would have told her EXACTLY how things were.

Instead, I am leaving a review of the worst restaurant experience I have ever had at an establishment that touts itself as having "Chefs trained at Le Cordon Bleu" and be so inept at cooking as well as how to treat clientele.

4  Thank NotAFoodSnobFromNY
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Venture downtown, away from all the franchise eateries lining the highway exits. Owner operated by a husband/wife team of Le Cordon Bleu trained chefs in a historic downtown setting. Unique decor. Excellent food prep and presentation. Say "Hi" to Amanda and Tomas. Tell 'em Spike sent you! It can't hurt!!

1  Thank spikeinlf
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I love that the menu changes monthly. Menu ranges from sandwiches to some things a bit more upscale and trendy than I thought I would find in a small town, but delighted to discover it. Definitely a must go.

1  Thank iinadia
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is one of my favorite restaurants, ever. I live in the Twin Cities and have been to many good restaurants, but the food here is better than almost every one, and more reasonably priced. We always look forward to eating here when we visit family in the area. We've tried the walleye sandwich, the shrimp burger, hamburgers, french toast, pancakes, salads, and the sweet potato fries, and all of them have been outstanding. They know how to cook and should, since they are well-trained chefs. It shows. This place really is a little small town gem. Hope more of you find it!

1  Thank Aelfrida