See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2014

I stayed at the Clifwood motel from August 10th until September 20th. The room was spacious, modern and very clean. The owners Shawn and Shelly are wonderful! They could not do enough for me. I was on a travel nurse assignment at St. Gabriels hospital. They made me feel safe and at home, they treated me like family. I really liked the rooms were all on one level and you can pull your car right up to the door. All rooms have a screen/storm door, you can open the main door and have light and air just like home. All the towels were clean and fluffy, the sheets are soft and washed without harsh chemicals. While there my mother visited me, they welcomed her with open arms, could not do enough for her too. I miss them both and cannot wait to go back, when I had to leave, it was like leaving family. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to the Little Falls area. Shawn and Shelly are the best!!!

Room tip: ask for the room with the big screen on the wall!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank Wanda H
Reviewed August 24, 2014

If in need for a decent smallish motel, not overly pricey, this motel might work for you. Two beds run $60 total. Other than the moldy smell which clogged our nasal passages while sleeping all three nights, and the lack of an exhaust fan, this is a decent value. The owner is a no nonsense fellow who is out more than in the motel, but he will answer his phone readily. The bathroom did have updated fixtures and the shower was adequate. The motel is built from cinder blocks so no neighbors' voices were heard. The rooms have good, but loud a/c units that might take getting used to. The beds are average, and the overall, this is a clean place to stay. Each room has an outside electrical plug in, another plus.

Room tip: Owner wants money up front, so I would tour the room to check for moldy smell before paying.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Nick H
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Small town charm with genuine concern for your stay. Rooms are retro (they have a closet!) but updated with new bedding, carpet and many extras you expect to pay more for in other chain hotels. We had a coffee pot, microwave, mini fridge and a desk with lots of room to unload our "stuff" from a 900 mile reunion. Shelly, the owner, was wonderful on tips on restaurants, navigation to shopping and events (Dam Festival in June!) and anything else you might need. Parking is outside your door (great!) and is dog friendly. Close to highway interchange, too. (but not too close). We're coming back next year instead of staying with the relatives!

Date of stay: June 2009