“Friendly and accommodating”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Litchfield
Gaylord, Minnesota
“Friendly and accommodating”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Every time I stay at the Knights Inn in Litchfield the friendly staff makes me feel welcome and are attentive to my needs.
The lobby and rooms are always are always clean and comfortable.
The have a good breakfast and ample choices.
I especially enjoy taking advantage of the pool and hot tub.
On my last stay the morning girls were especially nice but the afternoon girl seemed like she was having a bad day and was a little grumpy but still helpful and accommodating.
I will continue to stay at the Knights Inn when I stay in the Litchfield area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my overall stay! Front desk staff was very friendly and made sure I was satisfied with my stay. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly, they greeted me with big smiles and made me feel welcomed and comfortable while I stayed. My room was very neat and clean. I'm looking forward to stay here again when I'm in the area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis Park
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Shaquille and his team do a wonderful job taking care of their guests. I will be reommending this hotel to everyone. i was very pleased with housekeeping, and front desk. i will be staying here for two more weeks

Room Tip: stay in a quiet room on the northside
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank vwbug69
Bemidji
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Knight's Inn in Litchfield MN to attend a wedding in Cokato, MN. The staff is exceptional. I ended up making several changes to my reservations due to the differing ages and needs of my family members. The staff was very accommodating. The room rates are very economical, yet the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The lobby and pool areas are very clean as well. The pool is large and my grandchildren had great fun swimming; their ages ranged from 1 to 13. The location is excellent as was mentioned in an earlier review. We all enjoyed their continental breakfast and I especially enjoyed their free coffee 24/7. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pets are accepted. I didn't arrive with a pet but left with one due to a family member's cha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night on June 8th 2013, only because the AmericInn was full. Litchfield only has two hotels to choose from. I was weary of this place and I was right to be.

Location – o.k. and parking was close to the room.

Lobby – gross, dirty, and stunk. Check in was quick, once he came out of his back area to help (they live there). The lobby was very dirty and cluttered with the staff/owners personal belongings. I was made to pay in full at check in, and they run your card right then and there which is odd. He did not have a computer print out or anything for me to sign, just a hand written bill on carbon paper.

Room – absolutely disgusting. You can read on all of my previous TA reviews that I am not a complainer. However, this is probably the worst place I have ever stayed and I would never do it again. I do go to Litchfield quite often but next time if I cannot get into AmericInn then I will drive back and forth from Willmar or Hutchinson.

Obviously had not been vacuumed, probably for the last several stays. Furniture was very dusty. Hair in bathroom and in room. Bedding was the thinnest, worst sheets and comforter ever. The sheets were stained, the pillows were lumpy and small. The curtains were torn, the towels were torn. The bathtub has a rubber mat – pulled it up and saw “gunk”, and hair. Just gross, I do not know how else to explain the bottom of the tub. Carpeting – didn’t dare take off my flip flops because you could see the grime.

The pool area was actually decent but of course torn towels provided, and never enough. Also, the pool was in obvious need of a paint job. Looking back it grosses me out to think of how they must maintain the chemicals for cleanliness or lack of.

Continental breakfast – what a joke. But by this point I expected that. Box of old donuts and two types of cereals.

I have never been so happy to check out of a hotel. I then immediately made my reservations for my next stay at AmericInn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trs333

Travelers are raving about these Litchfield hotels

Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I rented a room here while in town to visit family. It was nothing special but that was to be expected due to the cheap rates.
The room was comfortable but felt a little cramped. We were on the ground floor and had a noisy group above us. The noise didn't go on very long, so it wasn't a huge problem.
The staff was very friendly.
Litchfield is small so it really doesn't matter where you stay. You will be close to everything. However, this motel is on a major highway that is close to the way out of town to Minneapolis, is adjacent to a McDonald's, and there is a grocery store nearby. If you plan to go out to eat, check out Carlito's which in the strip mall next to the grocery store.
Staying here will also place you close to the downtown area where you will find a decent amount of small local shops.
I agree with another reviewer about the beds. They were not the most comfortable but were okay for us as we were exhausted and fell right asleep. The place could have been cleaner, but again, this isn't a 5-star place and you aren't going to pay a bunch for your stay. It was fine for what we needed - a place to sleep while spending the rest of our time with family.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor if you want more peace and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I and my family rented two rooms for a weekend to attend a cancer benefit for a friend in a nearby town. The rooms were inexpensive, but were clean and comfortable and the staff was more than accomodating. It was difficult to pry the kids out of the very nice pool. I would call our stay there an excellent value and they have our gratitude for the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield
#1 of 1 in Cold Spring
Days Inn Willmar
Days Inn Willmar
#5 of 8 in Willmar

Been to Knights Inn Litchfield MN? Share your experiences!